Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dipped Beam - Passenger Vs Driver Side

Clarky2013

Should the passenger dipped beam be higher than the drivers side?

I imagine this is stop blinding other drivers? If they are not supposed to be this way and meant to be level, anyone know how to adjust them on mk7.5 , I imagine there is a screw or something like that on the unit ?

Thanks in advance

The passenger side light is supposed to be higher as you'd say, for the same reason you said. To not blind oncoming drivers. So I wouldn't worry about your alignment, especially if it's a new mk7.5. Mines the same :)

On a side note, fitted osram night breaker unlimiteds h7, drove to london so all motorway tonight, much better bulbs than standard, really bright and light up the road better, they are still a bit yellow, but not far from white, mine are with some led sidelights 4000k which match really well, looks great and much improvent over standard.

The lights are the same, What you're referring to is the upward sweep of the light caused by the lens. It's there to give more light to the side of the road. LHD cars have the opposite as they drive on the right side of the road.

+1

It's designed to illuminate road signs, junctions, pedestrians and suchlike.

That's why if you stand directly in front of a car one headlight always seems brighter than the other and also why beam adjusters are recommended for driving a UK car on the continent.

Thanks for the advice and clearing that up for me :)