Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lack Of Power

Deano16

Hi all

Recently I've noticed my 2001 1.8 petrol focus has a lack of power when press acclerator!! And when put my foot to floor it starts spluttering and no power what so ever!! It only does it really in 3rd 4th and 5th gears it just lightly press acclerator all seems ok but if want to overtake on motorway or anything I've no chance or if Need to pull out from junction quick I can't!!

I was thinking along the lines of fuel filter but don't know!!

Any ideas anyone please?

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my ThL W5 using Ford OC mobile app

if it was my car.

I'd do a service (Fuel Filter / Air filter / Spark plugs ect) (normal maintence)

Problem still carry's on look into maybe air flow meter.

(just my view)

Ok thanks a lot I'm going to do service tomorrow anyway!! So I'll check after that then maas air flow sensor!!

Thanks

Sounds like you could have a build up of carbon. I dont believe you will have an EGR so I suspect it will be the inlet manifold or exhaust manifold could be clogging.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry I've took so long to post solution!!

My car just got worse and worse to the point where could get no more than 3000 revs!!!

Tried loads of things, changed mass airflow sensor, plugs leads and coil pack, then had emmissions test and it just passed!!

Then tried exhaust, took back box off still no better took middle box off still no better then unbolted the cat left about 1cm gap drove up road and it was perfect!!

Got a cat fitted it and all exhaust back on and car running a dream!!

Thanks everyone for your help!!

U check faults u change fuel filter might be fuel pump issue check faults first

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Did check codes it was P0420!!

Changed the bank 1 sensor first but no joy but finally worked out it was the cat that needed changing!!

Tried everything that I put in my previous post!! I'd tried loads and loads of things!! As didn't think it was cat with it passing emmissions test!!

Did u get proper diagnostics done oxy sensors scoped that fault can mean so many other things have u had fuel pressure even tested cat so expensive wouldn be changing it on guess work one hour diagnostic would find ur issue out with right tools

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yes proper diagnostics!! My mate runs his own mot test Centre!! It was the cat!! Car running dream now it had collasped inside!! When took it off and shook it it was full of stuff!!

The cats on these not that expensive you can get brand new type approved for about £83 if look about on internet!! Euro carparts wanted £96!!

No not had fuel pressure tested at all!! Never even considered it to be that!!

Thanks for all your help!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club