Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diy Stone Chip Repair

eliaskok

+1 on the Halfords kit.

The brush in them is very thin as well - good for small chips.

I haven't tried chipex, but I too have used Halfords chip/scratch repair kits multiple times and must say the blend quite well if you take your time and leave the required time between coats! Don't try and rush the coats.

I haven't tried chipex, but I too have used halfords chip/scratch repair kits multiple times and must say the blend quite well if you take your time and leave the required time between coats! Don't try and rush the coats.

Thanks for the tip mate. do i have to know my colour number or name?

i use fords that way its the right colour depending on the colour of the car Halfords are either spot on or way off the one i got from Halfords for my car tonic blue was too dark fords was almost perfect yes youll need the colour of the car type youre reg into ford etis it will tell you the colour

i use fords that way its the right colour depending on the colour of the car halfords are either spot on or way off the one i got from halfords for my car tonic blue was too dark fords was almost perfect yes youll need the colour of the car type youre reg into ford etis it will tell you the colour

do you suggest me ordering one from ford parts?

Like the one above:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/search.php?keywords=touch+up&x=-612&y=-192

Thanks for the tip mate. do i have to know my colour number or name?

Yeah you need your colour code... I have also got fords "touch up" paint.. This comes in 2 small bottles.. Colour (mine is Pantha black) and a clear coat.. But the brush is attached to the lid with fords and is quite big compared to Halfords... So if you go down the ford route I would recommend getting a fine brush.

I would quickly like to say my old focus (light sapphire blue) I also thought my colour match from Halfords was wrong.. (Tested quickly under bonnet), however once I applied a few coats of colour and lacquer (given time to dry in between and small rub down) it actually turned out spot on.

So I would say either way, get a fine brush, and layer the paint up (give plenty of time to dry), so that the colour is ever so slightly higher than the original paint... Then give it a fine wet and dry rub down (as you would when normally spraying a car) and then give it the lacquer coats... Then finally finish it off by giving it a compound buffer to help blend it in.. (I would recommend compounding the whole panel, I.e. the whole bonnet, so it doesn't stand out).

Good luck.

Does anyone ever used any of this touch up from ford? i am thinking to buy this one rather the one from halfords

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/search.php?keywords=touch+up&x=-612&y=-192

Yes, that is the touch up paint I am referring to in my post above.

Yes, that is the touch up paint I am referring to in my post above.

okay and i will have to buy a brush also right?

the brush is on it already mate its a brush stick attatched to the lid

okay and i will have to buy a brush also right?

There is a brush attached to the lid of the paint and lacquer, however depending on the size of your chip, they are a good size... I usually use a finer nip to fill and the stock one for the lacquer as that gets wet and dry'd and buffered anyway...but it's how we'll you can use that size brush and also the size of the chip.

okay thank you very much for the tip fella.

Not a problem buddy, good luck, and any issues let me know ill try help as much as possible.

Not a problem buddy, good luck, and any issues let me know ill try help as much as possible.

Okay thank you mate

As long as you dont expect a showroom finish, I am sure you wont be disappointed!

As long as you dont expect a showroom finish, I am sure you wont be disappointed!

Yeah am going to repair them temporary.

Alternatively, you could get chips away out, they were going to polish all my stone chip touch ups so that they blended in well with the bodywork, it was only about £15 for them to polish it out!

Alternatively, you could get chips away out, they were going to polish all my stone chip touch ups so that they blended in well with the bodywork, it was only about £15 for them to polish it out!

For all of them?

I had about 7 or 8 on the bonnet, he recon'ed £15 to polish the bonnet out completely!

yeah, this was a year ago now like as it was just before I was trying to sell the Cee'd in the end it wasnt going to add enough value to the car to make it worth all the faff, so I just chopped it in and got the CMAX.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club