Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Help!

rayray2000

Hello everyone.

I recently had a clutch replaced and dual mass flywheel also the concentric slave cylinder.

Everything was fine at first but then all of a sudden my clutch pedal kept getting caught causing me to have to switch the engine off to get it out of gear. I got stuck in heavy traffic and because I was using the clutch so much all of a sudden the clutch hit the floor and lost all pressure. I tried to pump it but was no use.

I called the AA out and he bled it manually and got some pressure back. He said he couldn't see any leaks on the concentric slave cylinder or pipe work and that the only real cause could be the clutch master cylinder. It was fine before the clutch replacement. Is it possible that having all that changed has somehow caused the master cylinder to fail?

I have an AA warranty so am looking to take it to Halfords AutoCentre and get them to check it out. I basically just don't want to get mugged off if its not something that needs doing. Just wondering anyone's opinions?

I will also mention that I've driven quite a fair amount of miles after the clutch replacement and no issues until suddenly now.

My car is a ford focus tdci 55 plate estate.

Any advice would be great.

Thank you

what do you mean by 'clutch getting caught' before the loss of pedal

It kinda of got stuck on the biting point making the car jolt forward. So I cut the engine as I was in traffic so didn't want to shunt a car. I flicked the pedal back up and pumped it and pressure came back but then further ahead lost all pressure.

ok, so if no visable problems with fluid loss, then it has to be a fault within the master or slave...maybe one of those times to just gamble on the master first as its so much easier to access rather than pull the box out for the slave and find out it was master all along

I would agree bout clutch master definitely do before removing box again did he check around pedals for signs of leak

Ok thank you. He didn't really check around the pedals for leaks tbh. I can't say I have either. He basically got enough pressure back and let me drive home. Looking at taking it into Halfords AutoCentre tomorrow to get them to sort it. Just always a worry that they may say its this or that. As I say the clutch, csc and flywheel was all replaced and the csc doesn't appear to be leaking.

Thanks for your advice.

Who did the clutch replacement? if it was a garage, take it back to them and get them to rectify it for free!

Had news from the garage today to say that it was the clutch master cylinder. Must have just gone during the clutch change etc..

Luckily for me I have the AA breakdown repair cover and so they are paying most of the cost. Only have to pay £35 :)

Thanks for all your help!

When u replace a clutch u clamp hose to stop brake fluid leakin I say they forgot take clamp off an tried bleed an damaged it but could be coincidence guess we will never no ha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club