Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drilling my airbox?????

Danzzza

Been reading in this months fast car about budget mods and one of them says to drill holes in your airbox for an induction noise. Just wondering if it was actually a good idea and where would i drill on a MK 5 fiesta airbox??

Its just for extra noise, it does nothing for performance. I wouldn't bother to be honest. Just wait until you can buy a proper induction kit

id have to put a cold air feed on yeah?? cause its right behind the grille at the mo, doesnt seem like it would get much air tucked down the bottom

i think they reffer to this mod as 'cheese boxing' or something along that line? as vinny said it probably wont do anything other than make more noise.

surely a box full of holes is morelikey to suffer from water ingress?

i was thinking of putting an induction kit on mine but i saw another mk4 with one on near the headlamp and it made it a lot worse suppose you got too consider that car companys spend millions on air intake design be better to decat and put an exhaust on possibly zetecs sound good after 5000 rpm though it ifs a zetec you got just standard lol

Been reading in this months fast car about budget mods and one of them says to drill holes in your airbox for an induction noise. Just wondering if it was actually a good idea and where would i drill on a MK 5 fiesta airbox??

Surely if you drill your airbox then it will be sucking in all of the hot air from under the bonnet, instead of taking it from its feed on the grille. So if anything it will do more harm than good. imo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, just wondering. And its got the zetec se engine and its sounds quite good at high revs anyway. Thanks again :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club