Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf, Egr, Remap

hillesleyhenry

Right so after all the DPF hype I've decided i do not really want to remove it. HOWEVER i know they are an issue. i will be going in for a remap anytime soon, but i want to keep the DPF in place, if they remap do you think that, if and when, there is an issue with it they can just remove and delete. Or does it not work that way after a remap has already been done….

Secondly i blanked the EGR with great success and it feels more responsive especially in 4th (more torque lower down) When i go for a remap is it worth deleting it from the ECU, - they said they can do this at no extra charge… or will it be a mistake in the future ie. when selling on, or more stringent MOTs. Can the EGR software be loaded back on at all? will it need to be?

Lastly, will the remap affect the DPF at all if still in place? i know Lenny is quite a knowledgable guy and i believe has remapped with DPF still in place…. but did you have the EGR software deleted!?...

Unfortunately its something that we can no longer suggest. Its now becoming enforced in the MOT that the DPF presence is checked, if you dont have a DPF, you fail the MOT, and get charged massively to fix it...

Ok, il just go for the remap without DPF removal then. Is EGR software delete something you'd recommend or is it risky. Is just a blanking plate sufficient enough?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club