Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Focus......

Invisible Man

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at getting a new car for the past 6 months and decided to treat myself and buy a 2010 Focus with Comms & Sports packs......Was very excited to pick her up on Thursday of last week. So 7:30pm comes, I get the keys to my new car and off I go.

Here she is....

post-48877-0-13375700-1386667658_thumb.j

At 9:30 that same evening.....some clown decides to do a u-turn from the inside lane whilst i am in the outside lane......she hit me, and damaged the car.

She has admitted full liability, but I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the metal bar is in the close up picture under the wheel, the one that looks attached to nothing.

post-48877-0-64606500-1386667665_thumb.j
post-48877-0-08710600-1386667660_thumb.j
post-48877-0-71147500-1386667662_thumb.j

Is the damage bad?

Cheers

post-48877-0-13375700-1386667658_thumb.j

post-48877-0-08710600-1386667660_thumb.j

post-48877-0-71147500-1386667662_thumb.j

post-48877-0-64606500-1386667665_thumb.j

Ouch I feel for you. That must absolutely suck right after you've just picked it up! :(

Welcome, Ouch what a wounder. Thats the lower wishbone mate - proper snapped. Got to be good few grand damage there.

From what I can see

New Headlight

New Bumper

New Wing

New Wheel

New Lower Wishbone

New Mirror

New Skirt

My estimate £2-3k, maybe I'm a mile out, maybe not.

Just hope they don't write it off

possibility if its done that to the wishbone, you will be looking at other bits of the suspension in that area, also drive shaft etc. I had a prang about 8 years ago in a megane and on the face of it it looked like it only needed a new bumper but the total cost of the repairs was 5.5k Its the stuff you can't see/what it has bent that costs the money. Hope you get it sorted out.

yeah you want to check the suspension parts first before putting money on the cosmetics, get it checked that there is no damage to the shock/springs, driveshafts, transmission and tie rod ends

Cheers

Its in with the accident repair guys today for an estimate. Dragging their feet though. Had the car since Friday and only doing the estimate today is a little bit slow.

They are doing a full assessment so I will know the extent of it tomorrow I'd imagine.

As much as I love the hire car they have provided (Astra SRi Turbo), I just want my Focus back.

Anyone ever had any experience of Walton Accident Repair in Manchester?

Invisible man your not a mile off my brother had similar damage after hitting a kerb in snow insurance company wrote car off uneconomical repair you should of seen the list every nut bolt and washer I could of repaired it for him at a mere fraction of the cost just goes to show why insurance sky rockets no need for half that was listed on that report at all so I,d so looking at that bye bye focus

I'm hoping its not written off, and if it is I will try and buy it back, i know that i could repair that for less than 2k.

Going to try the repairers now and see if they can tell me anything

Problem is they would have to replace everything on that side u could not tell with the naked eye if there even slights bend in part they not going say we just replace wishbone an only some other stuff it's a joke I know but they want it perfect first time not u coming back saying mad vibration while driving must need other parts we all know if u crash into curb an damage u car paying for it urself u try replace bare min parts an only replace others if car still driving ropey

£4500!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's ridiculous, touch and go whether it will be a total loss now

£4500!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's ridiculous, touch and go whether it will be a total loss now

wow, I don't think they will write it off at that though, thought it was something like 80% of the value

How much of that is labour ? I think that will be write off cat c worth trying to buy it back though I,d of been livid if that was mine just after I,d bought it

I spoke to the garage today. The rates they have charged are full whack for the labour. They have advised tecreports (guys who decide whether to repair or not) that they can lower the rates to make it repairable.

It currently sits at 64% of the value, and they work to 62% for a write off.

Garage said he will just drop his rates to get the work.

They are replacing drive shift, suspension, wheels, brakes, basically everything on that corner.

Feeling better about it now though. Should be repaired anyway

Glad it should be repaired, I would be absolutely livid with the whole situation! The things some people do on the roads is just shocking!

• Like 1

bleedin hell!

I hope they do drop the rates and get it fixed for you mate, hopefully quickly too!

I am glad she admitted liability, at least its a quick step in the right direction...

Sometimes you just want to whallop these people!

Just had confirmation it is being repaired!!!!! So so happy. Ill keep you all informed.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum....I have a few more threads for when I get the car back. Ill save them though

Cheers

Gary

I feel for you bud. I just bought myself a Titanium on the 30th.

I am so glad they are repairing it for you. Hopefully it wont take too long and you'll be back on the road as part of the family.

Had a call from the Garage. Parts have all now been ordered and delivered. Panels that need spraying are going to the paint shop.

The work is going to be started next week.

Its looking like I will be getting it back w/c 6th Jan now with them closing for the Xmas and New Year

Glad to hear its being repaired! And at least you know with everything listed that its going to be done a proper job! Lucky it wasn't a bit more around towards the front, as it would have more than likely been a write off instantly.. So glad to hear it!

Shame that its going to take so long.

How about courtesy car? surely the insurer is paying out for a replacement vehicle?

Wow man, full respect to you for not killing her. Could not describe what id be feeling if that was me. think i would do time.

anyway I'm glad you can get it fixed mate, fingers crossed nobody else harms your car and you can enjoy many years of ford motoring :) best of luck.

Makes me glad i took out GAP Insurance when seeing things like this happen.

• Like 1

GAP insurance is well worth it where you can get it!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club