Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus Issues

Mike W

Hi,

I'm not new to Fords or Focus ownership having owned a Mk1 Focus RS which I've still got but this week I purchased a Mk2 Focus Zetec 1.6 on a 55 plate as a daily driver. I love the car but there is just a couple of little niggles I want to put right.

There seems to be some knowledgeable people on here for the Mk2 so thought I'd sign up and see of anyone can help.

The first issue is, the time on the stereo is an hour out, when I change it, it stays correct until I turn the stereo off and then it reverts back to the wrong time.

The second issue is, the button on the tailgate to open it doesn't work but the boot opens from the fob fine. Is this a common issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

U probably need a micro switch for the boot an probably an internal radio fault

Hi,

The first issue is, the time on the stereo is an hour out, when I change it, it stays correct until I turn the stereo off and then it reverts back to the wrong time.

That's ringing a bell from the dim and distant past. I think you may find that you have "RDS Time" enabled on your unit. That uses the radio to update the clock automatically. Go through the menu and turn RDS Time off and then try setting the clock again.

the radios not at fault To change the time on the Ford Focus 6000cd, there are two different
methods – If your stereo has the “clock” button, press this button and
use the > to navigate through to either the hour or minute which
needs changing, then using the volume dial, turn to set the appropriate
time.if it keeps going back an hour switch the ignition on and do it it should save

U probably need a micro switch for the boot an probably an internal radio fault

Cheers, is replacing the switch an easy job?

That's ringing a bell from the dim and distant past. I think you may find that you have "RDS Time" enabled on your unit. That uses the radio to update the clock automatically. Go through the menu and turn RDS Time off and then try setting the clock again.

I did read something like this online mate but checked the menu and couldn't see anything for RDS time.

the radios not at fault To change the time on the Ford Focus 6000cd, there are two different

methods If your stereo has the clock button, press this button and

use the > to navigate through to either the hour or minute which

needs changing, then using the volume dial, turn to set the appropriate

time.if it keeps going back an hour switch the ignition on and do it it should save

Yeh that's exactly how I've been changing it but it just reverts back. I did it whilst the engine was running.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Micro switch pretty handy u prob need set torx screwdrivers but it fairly straight forward any issues let us know

There are two types of switch available, so ideally you need to pop the old one out and check, but on mine this was the one needed... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370673926668

Might be cheaper from a dealer (not often said :P ), so check before buying off eBay, as some are priced quite a bit higher than they need to be.

If you know the radio code, could be worth disconnecting the radio and plugging it all back in after a few mins.

Well, i've sorted the time issue on the stereo. I say i sorted it, in typical Ford style it just worked when i tried it again today :unsure: Strange but i'm not complaining haha.

I'll pop the switch out then to take a look, cheer guys. I assume you need to take the panel off on the inside of the boot to get to it. Is there a guide at all on here to removing it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club