Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Fiesta Aux Troubles

shwam

Hi There!

I have recently bought a 2006 Ford Fiesta 'Style' with the 'Climate' Pack. It has a 6000CD Head unit with an AUX button, yet no sign of a 3.5mm (or any other sort of) jack anywhere; including glove box and near gear stick. I have seen several posts online of how to add this in but it requires some technical ability/knowledge, neither of which I possess.

I wondered if anyone knows roughly how much a Ford dealer or anyone else (Halfords?) would charge to do this for me, and otherwise if there's a simplified way with a tutorial that I can fit this jack/cable to my car. Ideally I don't want to be drilling holes for it...

Thanks

They are easy to fit.

The kits come with full instructions but the drilling of one hole is needed.

You could buy a kit and a replacement gear surround with the aux plug already fitted then all you would have to do is pull the radio forward (no need to disconnect it as the cable plugs right into the connector.

Run the cable down inside the dash, swap the gear surround and connect the cable to the socket.

About a 20 minute job all in.

They are easy to fit.

The kits come with full instructions but the drilling of one hole is needed.

You could buy a kit and a replacement gear surround with the aux plug already fitted then all you would have to do is pull the radio forward (no need to disconnect it as the cable plugs right into the connector.

Run the cable down inside the dash, swap the gear surround and connect the cable to the socket.

About a 20 minute job all in.

Thanks Clive,

Is this the right sort of thing? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-6000-CD-Aux-IN-Gold-Plated-Input-Adapter-for-IPOD-MP3-Radio-Pins-Keys-/400530047251

I'm wondering if I could somehow trail an AUX cable out of the glove box after connecting to the back of the head unit?

Indeed you can.

That cable will do the job nicely and no drilling needed.

Indeed you can.

That cable will do the job nicely and no drilling needed.

Right, just to make this super super clear....

I buy that cable off eBay, and open up my glove box (lowered so I can access electronics) and proceed to remove the head unit using the keys supplied. I then somehow connect this cable I have bought to the back of the head unit, and feed the 3.5mm jack end through to the glove box. Close all up, turn on radio, press AUX button with mp3/ipod plugged in - all works?

I'm generally worried about tampering with electronics, do I need to disconnect the battery or anything? Also is it certain that there will be a socket on the head unit to fit the plug of this lead I intend to buy, and it will be empty already?

Thanks again

You will be fine just plugging it straight in, just ensure it goes in straight so as to eliminate any risk of bending the pins on the radio connector (Quadlock).

Just to confirm, you have this type of radio?-

2007radio.jpg

Just push the keys in straight as far as they will go with the flat part of the ring end facing outwards-

radio1.jpg

Angle the removal keys outwards to disengage the securing clamps and pull the radio out.

Note that you can't release the keys until the radio is pulled out, you need to unhook the clamps from the keys and then withdraw them,

This is what the Quadlock looks like and where the aux connector goes (colours of sockets vary, but will be the right hand slot as looking from the rear of the quadlock).

images1-1-1.jpg

Great, Thanks.

Yes I do have that type of radio, and have ordered that cable from eBay I posted above. I'm a little confused with the quadlock idea, do all the wires go into this block and then it slots into the back of the head unit? This photo is from a focus of similar age and is how I imagine the quadlock, and makes me think I will need to unplug something of that main bundle from this block shown. Very confused, also can you confirm I do not need to disconnect the battery for this whole process?

?Ford-Focusquadlock.jpg

Also the end of the lead I have bought appears to be a female part, this photo is some sort of extender but will the male parts be sticking out of the stereo back? I am wondering whether I need to replace one of the blocks (e.g. white one above) from the main block and plug in my cable like that.

P7179310.JPG

You will be fine just plugging it straight in, just ensure it goes in straight so as to eliminate any risk of bending the pins on the radio connector (Quadlock).

Just to confirm, you have this type of radio?-

2007radio.jpg

Just push the keys in straight as far as they will go with the flat part of the ring end facing outwards-

radio1.jpg

Angle the removal keys outwards to disengage the securing clamps and pull the radio out.

Note that you can't release the keys until the radio is pulled out, you need to unhook the clamps from the keys and then withdraw them,

This is what the Quadlock looks like and where the aux connector goes (colours of sockets vary, but will be the right hand slot as looking from the rear of the quadlock).

images1-1-1.jpg

Great, Thanks.

Yes I do have that type of radio, and have ordered that cable from eBay I posted above. I'm a little confused with the quadlock idea, do all the wires go into this block and then it slots into the back of the head unit? This photo is from a focus of similar age and is how I imagine the quadlock, and makes me think I will need to unplug something of that main bundle from this block shown. Very confused, also can you confirm I do not need to disconnect the battery for this whole process?

?Ford-Focusquadlock.jpg

Also the end of the lead I have bought appears to be a female part, this photo is some sort of extender but will the male parts be sticking out of the stereo back? I am wondering whether I need to replace one of the blocks (e.g. white one above) from the main block and plug in my cable like that.

P7179310.JPG

If there is no aux cable already installed in your car there will be an empty socket on the quadlock.

There is absolutely no need to disconnect the radio for fitting.

Just push the aux cable connector block into the quadlock straight and you will have no problems.

• 4 years later...

Hi, 

I have a 2007 Fiesta with a 6000CD head unit with the aux button, but no aux socket installed. 

I've just attempted to install an aux lead, but when I removed the quadlock connector from the back of the stereo, I discovered there were already wires coming from the socket I expected to connect the new cable to ( the white block - bottom right when looking from the back - see photo).

Does anyone know what this could be? Could it be for the steering mounted volume controls?

Any ideas appreciated!

IMG_20180106_111100555.jpg

• 7 months later...

Excuse an epic thread dredge, but I found about this method of installing an aux cable for my 2006 Fiesta with the CD6000 radio elsewhere and bought the cable off eBay. It came without instructions and I was struggling to find a pic of exactly where/how to plug it in. Then I found this, which not only has a pic but also a load of useful/reassuring info - so thanks Stoney871. For anyone else out there contemplating this, it really was as easy as it sounds.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club