Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inlet Manifold

n1xsta

There's a lot of crap around my inlet manifold and going to take it off and clean it tomorrow morning.

Should I change the gaskets whilst I am there.

Is there anything else I should do whilst it is off the car ie any of the pipes that come off it should I take off and also clean???

What do you mean "a lot of crap around" it? Carbon deposits finding their way to the outside?

If that's the case then you almost certainly want to be changing the gaskets. But you should also be careful as if someone's done the job [badly] before, they might have done the bolts up brutally tight instead of to the correct torque, and twisted the inlet manifold causing it to blow.

You should clean the EGR valve, inlet manifold and ports too. With the ports, you don't want crap going back into the engine - what I do is get the vacuum cleaner hose and hold it near the port, then scrape the crap off carefully with a screwdriver. Use carb/intake cleaner for the EGR valve/manifold, but get as much off as possible while it's dry, as it becomes one hell of a messy job when it's all wet. A big box of nitrile gloves and a large pile of old newspapers are needed.

Yea oily stuff as if it is coming from inlet.

Doing the inlet tomorrow should I take the intake pipe off and clean thoroughly

Not sure where the egr is

It's a tddi 2001

• 2 weeks later...

Yea oily stuff as if it is coming from inlet.

Doing the inlet tomorrow should I take the intake pipe off and clean thoroughly

Not sure where the egr is

It's a tddi 2001

The EGR valve is either on the front (left) or back (right) of the engine on a TDDI 2.0L, it can have a fixed vane turbo or a VNT, regardless of age

i just clean my inlet manifold(s) up a bit, then hand them over to a valeter to get them spotlessly clean so i can gas-flow/ modify them, then they stay spotless with the EGR delete/blank and the breather bypass

The EGR blanking plate chould be solid, stainless steel

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club