Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 1.6 Tdci 1000 Miles In And Egr Issue ??

wingergbr

Hi Guys,

I've had my Fiesta just under a month and done 1000 miles in it mostly motorway, the engine management light came on last night and the local dealer who managed to squeeze it in today has said its the EGR valve ..

Is this something to worry about, I really would not expect to have any issues with the engine with so few miles on it.

Off to the dealer to collect so I'll get the fault code and any other info from them but would appreciate any other experiences with this issue.

Cheers.

Update:

The garage could not get me the fault code but provided a print out from the diagnostics tool. The EGR valve was stuck, not blocked .. all cleaned and in working order now.

Apparently this can happen if the car is left sat for a while, which it hasn't, not since I had it anyway.

Also not a common issue that the guys had seen on this version of the engine.

Hopefully that's the last of it as I've had EGR issues on a car previously which eventually forced me to get rid of the car !

EGR is in my opinion the most useless thing on a engine, basically uses exhaust gasses to warm up the air going into the engine to help combustion when cold (diesel doesn't ignite on spark but on compression - just being warmer helps this happen quicker).

I personally would buy a blanking plate or get one fabricated. Pain in the !Removed!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club