Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Profile

Columbo

Afternoon all,

I currently have a Fiesta Zetec S with the snowflake alloy wheels.

The car sits on the original Bridgestone 205/40/17 rubber but after hearing problems with buckled alloys (mine are all good) I was thinking of going to a 45 profile tyre to give a bit more protection from pot holes etc.

My question is, would going 5mm higher in profile affect the speedo all that much and would there be any problems with rubbing on full lock?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Afternoon all,

I currently have a Fiesta Zetec S with the snowflake alloy wheels.

The car sits on the original Bridgestone 205/40/17 rubber but after hearing problems with buckled alloys (mine are all good) I was thinking of going to a 45 profile tyre to give a bit more protection from pot holes etc.

My question is, would going 5mm higher in profile affect the speedo all that much and would there be any problems with rubbing on full lock?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Just and FYI, in "205/40/17" the '40' doesnt mean 40mm. So changing to 45mm wouldnt give you and extra 5mm.

The profile figure given is a percentage of the tyre width. so 40% or 45% of 205 in this case.

In relation to your actual question, I'm not sure. An extra 5% of 205mm is about an extra 1cm so it will make a difference but I'm not sure if it would be enough to cause any rubbing.

Dave.

Just and FYI, in "205/40/17" the '40' doesnt mean 40mm. So changing to 45mm wouldnt give you and extra 5mm.

The profile figure given is a percentage of the tyre width. so 40% or 45% of 205 in this case.

In relation to your actual question, I'm not sure. An extra 5% of 205mm is about an extra 1cm so it will make a difference but I'm not sure if it would be enough to cause any rubbing.

Dave.

Ok, thanks for the info.

I may give the "higher" tyres a go when mine have worn out.

Will probably be a trial & error exercise :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club