Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes And Pads Where To Buy Online Good Prices ?

ZetecS16

Hello i got a mk7 white fiesta zetec s 2010 6 months lots of fun since i came from a 1.2 54 corsa c but now i have to get brake pads and discs kinda stuck on this which ones to get and trust on a ford seen these but anyone know any good ones for around £100 mark ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-2008-Onwards-Front-Brake-Discs-And-Front-Brake-Pads-/220904128591

Ive had them for about 100miles now and after the first 40 ish they are starting to feel really good at first spongy but that was the pads getting worn it but yh id say there better than the standard from ford i had before. Fit like a glove too no noise from them under braking either

Ive had them for about 100miles now and after the first 40 ish they are starting to feel really good at first spongy but that was the pads getting worn it but yh id say there better than the standard from ford i had before. Fit like a glove too no noise from them under braking either

I'm sure I've heard before that the mintex pads make noise under breaking? would you say that is not the case?

Can't comment on the fiesta but I put a set of mintex matched pads/ discs on my old corsa in Feb 2009 and they were still on there in October 2013 when I sold it with about 4mm on the pads 30000 miles down the road. Granted I'm not a heavy braker generally, but I'll deffo be going with a set when my focus needs doing (54 quid for the front discs/pads on eBay is a bargain)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Just get a standard set from eurocarparts, cheap enough, no need to go overboard on a stock fiesta, standard equipment is plenty enough stopping power.

Nope i cannot hear any noise until abs comes on then you hear noise lol but yh wicked kit you get and cheaper than a ford pair which are worse in performance wise as mintex have a great heat dispersion rate compared to standard where if you are like me and with m8s and one says how hot do your brakes get so i touched them lol bad move haha

Plus the guy i got them off thinks they should be good for 50,000 miles with a fair amount of braking (whatever that means lol)

I've noticed over the last month or two that when slowing down I can hear the breaks when it gets down to 20mph and until I stop. If it was needing new pads I would hear it when breaking at any speed wouldn't I?

you i would say so, mine was only changed due to them failing the mot lol, they were 0.3mm thick the pads :S woops haha

Your saying I wouldn't hear the breaks at any speed of breaking even if they need to be changed?

Think that makes sense haha you you reckon I should get them looked at?

im not too sure, but i would say if you can hear the brakes being applied then yh i would say its time to change them, but if it went through a service and mot ok then theres nothing wrong with them tbh just a noise

I've never had the car serviced and it's first mot isn't due for another year and a half I think. Was serviced apparently when I bought the car in April.

So not sure what to do at all haha

well if you think they need looking at just ask a local garage or ford dealer just to have a quick look and see if they need doing or not, but how many miles has the car done ? if its done less than 20,000 miles i wouldnt worry tbh but you can still get it looked at

I've never had the car serviced and it's first mot isn't due for another year and a half I think. Was serviced apparently when I bought the car in April.

So not sure what to do at all haha

Not sure if this is any help to you, but my 5 month old from new fiesta makes noise when breaking around 20 mph or lower. I took it back to the dealer and they had a good look at it , took it for a test drive and said its fine and the noise is to be expected, the brakes seem fine to mine in terms of pedal travel and strength. There is a few topics on here about fiesta brake noise complaints and apparently (cant remember why) it is normal and Ford say its ok.

Ah well that's very good to hear!

The car has just clocked 16k so it's still a bit under 20k.

I'll probably just leave it and mention it when it's serviced beginning of next year.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club