Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Key And Fob

tonydb

Hi guys I only have the one key andfob for my car and was quoted £85 for a spare.

Ive seen on the net that you can buy spares from eBay etc and programme them yourself with the 4 turns in the ignition between 4 and 0.Obviously I would get the stem cut by a professional.

Is this doable or am I barking up the wrong tree !!

Focus 2004 tddi 1.8 diesel

Thank you !!

You can only add extra keys on your car's immobiliser yourself if you have two other keys.

As uou only have one key you'll need it done by Ford or an auto locksmith using an IDS system.

Stoney can u actually add them to start the car or just operate central locking I would be very interested in hearing more if u can program to start car

You can add a key to central locking yourself with any amount of keys but on the MK1/1.5 you need two recognised keys to self programme another to the immobiliser system.

To add another key with only one fully programmed key in your possession you need someone with access to an IDS unit (Ford or locksmiths).

and they need to be done in the right order - which ever was 1st programmed needs to be key 1 then the others in their subsequent order - part of the pats security ..if a key is lost further keys cannot be added until the lost key has been deleted form the history that way if a key is lost/stolen it cannot start car

So how do u program it I know the central locking programming ignition on off 3 times hear beep press buttons can this only be done on mk 1 or any other models

this is for the pats 2 ( no red master key) put the 1st already programmed key in ignition and turn to position 2 - turn it back to 0 then do the same with key 2 - its now in programe mode so you have 10 seconds to put the new unprogrammed key in and turn to position 2- turn it back to 0 and wait 10 seconds for it to exit programe mode - the latest key is now number 3 - if it doesnt work then it could be turned of by ford ..time to ring an auto locksmith, there is a limit to the number of keys that can be linked ( 4 i think) you'l know if its worked as the immobiliser light will stop flashed when its configured the new key, any missing keys will need to be deleted by ford/auto locksmith or it wont work , also get the keys in the wrong order and it wont work ..i tried this on mine and it didnt work so i paid an auto locksmith £45 to cut a blank and sort the linking out . he discovered it was turned off by ford so i couldnt add any extras (turned it on now i can do it myself). got my genuine key blank and remote from fleabay .. make sure the replacement remote fob has the EXACT same part number as your original ( there are several part versions ) or .. it wont work

You can code any key to the remote central locking with the twist to pair mode then click to pair. But as Ferret described, the key practice to train the chip in the key to the immobiliser is only doable on MK1 and 1.5's. Anything above that requires the IDS (original or not so ;))

MK1/1.5 you need two programmed keys to add more (up to total of 8) to the PATS immobiliser.

If you only have one key then IDS is needed.

MK2 onwards- IDS is needed to add any keys no matter how many keys you currently hold.

All MK's of Focus allow for adding keys to the central locking system using the four turns and button press method.

So I have 2 keys there wats procedure without ids

What MK is your car?

First programmed key from 0 to II and back.

Remove key.

Second programmed key from 0 to II and back.

Remove key.

New key from 0 to II and leave until immobiliser light goes out then try starting car.

• Like 1

all Fords up to about 2003 / 2004 when they decided they could rip everyone off by coding only with IDS :p

It started when they brought out the first C-Max which then become the basis of the MK2 Focus.

It used to be handy being able to use the original two keys to add extra keys for fleet/hire vehicle management as then any 'lost' keys could be de-authorised.

Now everything is more difficult, basically for enhanced car security.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club