Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Start Up Failure

natalieervin

Hi, I have a ford focus saloon turbo diesel 2.0 in the year of 2005. I've had a problem most recently in the colder weather that when I start the car, it starts okish but I know it's about to fail and you can hear the engine failing because there aren't enough revs. However when I try to press the accelerator to give it a few more revs and keep it "alive" it doesn't give me revs at all. It only appears to happen in the colder mornings which we have most recently be having. This happens once or twice and then it usually starts fine. What could this be please. I have had a service recently in November too but noted it did it once or twice before this service anyway.

get the glow plugs tested, they can cause poor starting in cold weather, rough running when engine cold.

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

Thank you wase16ll, I shall have to get my mechanic to have a look. Jeebowhite I have just had a service which the fuel filter was changed then because this is why I though it possibly was but it was changed on the service and is still doing it.

Could be that the filter was installed the wrong way around, or the seal wasnt installed properly. Might be worth taking it back to the servicing garage for another look, but I would put my money on either of those!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club