Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak?

Caiti

Hi

A friend told me there was a pool of water where I had been parked the other night.

Checking the water yesterday morning it was way below minimum so I put 500ml water in and stopped off on the way to work for some anti-freeze topping it up to max with 500ml coolant.

Checked this morning and it is still at max but concerned about a possible leak and what it could be. I dont want to be without the car for work tomorrow and am doing a 240 mile round trip at the weekend. Any advice welcome.

Caitriona

Is there any probability that the pool of water was just condensation and water dribbling down the car and onto the floor through the drainage channels?

• Like 1

I hope so

Perhaps my water was just low in the tank due to my not having checked it for a while

I will keep an eye on it, Thanks

If the coolant was below minimum then I would hate to be the bearer of bad news but 'something' is wrong, check the coolant in the morning on mine when the water pump leaked it was fine until it was left overnight then the coolant would drip away all night, what's the history on the car has it had a new thermostat or water pump recently?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Bought it in August but no record of repairs.

Thanks will keep checking it

Greg,

The aircon comes on with the fan, so yes. It helps demist the windscreen

Caitriona

just wondered if its from the drain tube for the aircon??

i know in the summer in certain cars peeps have reported a pool of water under there cars.

The point is coolant shouldn't be lost with no trace, if it were a head gasket I would say it would have lost some by now, if not then it could be a leaky hose or filler cap or pump, unless something has been changed in the system in which case it could have been an air pocket that's worked out, unless the outside temperature is higher I doubt you would see a big puddle because there won't be so much condensation on the evaporator in the summer on a real hot day mine left a pond due to just being regassed and so very efficient, when you next take it out for a longer journey check it and keep an eye on the temp gauge if it goes down again you have a problem if not just an air pocket.

Sent from my LT30p using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club