Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ford Jack

Dazbo85

Wow I had a puncture yesterday morning on the way to work and I found the jack a complete waste of time. It done the job but I found it as useful as cooking dinner with no heat. The handle his the floor and found it hard to get the groove to fit around the ridge under the car, surly these are more dangerous I felt I had to rush before it fell. Give me a trolley jack any day!!!.

• Like 1

Scissor jacks aren't the best. One thing they have got going for them though is they are nice and compact and as you say it 'did the job' so better than having nothing! :)

I have two jacks in the car! - Scissor jack to get the car up about 2mm and a bottle jack which takes over and makes life a darned sight easier :D

I have a pair of bottle jacks in my car, means I don't have to remove the jack point covers for the useless scissor jack, and they're also a lot better seeing they lift Land Rovers :P

I was gutted, I bought mine from screwfix - £13 :) only to find that they are about 2mm too tall to just go straight under the sill, which is why I need to jack it a tiny bit lol

James, you got a link for your jack? mines not lowered and on 19's so i shouldnt have this issue?

I think I'm gonna have to get one I can be dealing with these scissor jacks

as I say, its not short enough to just put straight under, but for 30 seconds scissor jacking up a few mil, and then bottle jack under and let the bottle jack get on with the rest, it works a treat!

The only issue is that when your jacking down, you need to put the scissor back into the groove, and lower it so the scissor jack takes the weight, then compress the bottle jack the rest of the way, remove and then drop the last mil's with the scissors :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club