Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inlet Manifold

n1xsta

Ok guys as I can imagine a lot of you have seen previous posts about my power problem!!!!

I've taken the inlet manifold off today and and left it to soak in carb cleaner I've brought new gaskets.

Is there anything else I should be doing whilst this is off

Get at the EGR and give it a clean is a good place to go :)

Can't get to the !Removed! thing It seems to be right at the back under a lot of pipes :/

It's a tddi any clues on easiest way

Its a pain, as far as I know (certainly on the Focus) you have to remove the scuttle panel and work over the engine and behind it.

Oh yeah, the EGR at the back is a b***h to get to. Keep forgetting some are like that - mine's at the front and dead easy to get at.

Some are easier to get at from under the car, other times you have to mount the engine to do it lol

A Mondeo with a "rear" mounted EGR, the EGR valve is actually on the side of the engine, at the back, it is fairly easy to get at, in the picture, the valve has been removed, and a blanking plate put on the EGR cooler - you can see where this is, the thermostat and brake servo pump are visible, mounted on the side of the engine

you do not need to take the EGR valve off, just fit a blanking plate on one side of it

But if I want to take it off

To clean it does that become a harder job

Not overly difficult but it does make it more interesting!

If Ur car the Peugeot engine I think u can strip ur egr apart an properly clean it only reason they get jammed to much carbon deposits but most garages will only replace but they to expensive u best off havin a go see can u

But if I want to take it off

To clean it does that become a harder job

No need and no point in cleaning or taking the EGR valve off because the intake air does not go through the EGR valve on a rear mounted EGR Mondeo - just fit a solid blanking plate

You can fit a solid plate ok as its a Euro3 engine - the EML will not come on

there are metal tubes on the side of the engine (that lead up to the manifold) that can get gunged up with carbon - these are what you want to clean

No Mk3 Mondeo diesels use PSA (Peugeot) engines

Stef123 earlier this year fitted a blanking plate. his EML kept coming on and he kept clearing it, in the end, he just left the EML light on and it went off itself eventually. Haven't yet heard of it coming back on so perhaps his car has learned!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club