Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 1.4 Zetec 16V Not Starting, Turns Over Fine - Please Read Any Help Appriciated

pioneersa9800

fuel filter is really catching my attention at the moment, I really do wonder if this is the culprit...

Have you not got recovery? I think your best bet here is to get an independent garage to look at it.

Oh right there is no fuel priming noise to start with I didn't realise, check the fuse box for the pump fuse and check that it's okay, then if that's right then it may be useful if you could call the AA or RAC because there is no point in changing the pump if it's the wiring that's the problem. Although like before if it has been starting then stopping I would still have a look at the fuel filter, you could change that yourself if your not desperate for the vehicle otherwise you will need a mechanic or recovery.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Rac came out the other week, he said that it's something within the engine causing the problem, he wasn't or to be honest couldn't be too bothered to diagnose anything and said its a write off!!!

Crazy huh, when I turn the key to the II POSITION. No pump sound, but the relay does click right away the one located under the glove! The little red light above the clock think this is the Immobiliser does stay lot for a few secs then stays off until I remove the key then blinks every 3secs as normal I remember him asking me this too.

Yeh that's how the immobiliser works, give them another chance and get him to tow you to your usual garage that's your best bet at this point, just because he works for the RAC doesn't mean he has any idea to be honest, it doesn't sound knocky or rough when it's just turning over so I don't know how he came to that conclusion to be fair.

*have you tried giving the gas pedal a little press a couple of times while its turning over as this may indicate a weak pump if it makes a difference or a blocked filter.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

If the pump won't energise an fuse all good an ur car just died its defo a pump there no point changing fuel filter cause pump not even pumping the fuel upto the filter remove block connecter an see if u gettin voltage to pump when ignition on an on tryin to start if u are its pump not wiring

Thank you for the input, where is the block connector?

Under back seat have u circuit tester or multimeter think 5 pin connecter check each pin couldn tell off top my head without wiring diagram but if ur car just died I wrecking has be pump once ur gettin a good live

Best way check pump remove relay ignition off an get piece wire an bridge 3 and 5 wit pipe disconnect from the rail pump should run continuously when ignition on if that don't work check plug under back seat

Hi, sorry if I have missed this but wife had same problem. In the end the ecu just needed a reset by disconnecting the battery. Hope this helps.

Hi many thanks for your reply, I had the battery out all night charging and still same problem :( what were the symptoms with your wife's car?

Thanks

is it possible to download a manual for this car?

thanks guys, still having problems with it

i could be wrong, but doesnt the fuel pump only run for few seconds with ignition, then runs continously when turning over....

an easy way of checking for fuel pressure would be to turn engine over few times, then with everything off, go to the fuel rail and remove the schraeder valve cap (looks like a tyre valve cap)...with caution and watch your face/eyes etc, very briefly press the valve in, if there is pressure then fuel will squirt out, if pump is not working then there will be no or little fuel escaping.

when i see a ford doing this...my first step would be whip the plugs out, especially when you have no knowledge of service history.

Yes Wase u right bout that i ment if u remove fuel pump relay an bridge it out the pump will continuously run with ignition on

Hi everyone, well I got some speaker wire connected it directly to the fuel pump with no joy, I also un-done the fuel line inside the engine and whilst trying turning the key to the II POSITION and also starting the car no fuel spurted out at all!

Does This defo mean that be fuel pump is dead, and also I was doing all this whilst the car was connected to another fully working battery via jump leads

Did u check with circuit tester or meter if u gettin power to block connecter at pump

I don't have a meter and how do I get to the block connector? Where abouts is it

U said u connected wire directly to pump explain how u did this best way was like I said if go to fuel pump relay under the bonnet remove it an get piece of wire connect to the two terminals I mention in early post this will make pump run continuously wit ignition on if pump works if this method don't work check u gettin power at pump

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club