Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Foucs Loss Of Power And Shuddering

djandyh

hi all

new to the foucs stuff, i have a 2002 focus and all of a sudden there loss of power and abit of shuddering, my wife was driving it lol. i thought it could be the ht leads so ive replaced all them but still doing the same, could it be the coil then, if i take plug number 1 out, the car will start but it will not start if plug 2 out or plug 3 out but it will start if plug 4 is in, am i correct in saying its the coil

thanks all

Certainly sounds like the coil, you will need to replace the HT leads as well.

i thought it was ht leads so ive replaced them first lol so ill be buying a coil tomorrow

just be careful, if you only installed the leads yesterday you should be ok, but disconnecting them and moving them can easily break them again, so be prepared that you may need to buy more in worst case scenario.

grrrr fook sake, xmas comes and everything fooks up, can only afford to buy coil, the car just sitting then till i get the coil, so hopfully there ok, lol rant over, just having a bad day

lol Look at the day and the date, its all understandable.

As I say, to be honest your leads probably will be fine, as long as your not vicious with them!

hi all

ive replaced the coils and the car seens to be running fine but the fault light is still on, is this cause the fault is recorded in the ECU and i need to get it plugged in to turn it off

cheers

Just check the wiring make sure everything is all secure. You can disconnect the battery for up to an hour, that should reset the light. Then if it comes back on again, you need to look at other issues.

Hoping that it stays that way for you matey :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club