Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Zetec - St Bumper Change.

gazza21

Hello,

I've not long bought my 1.8 ford focus MK2 (2007) which is a pre-facelift model, and I have found a bargain on a complete front bumper off a 2007 ford focus ST, complete with grills, fogs and fog surroundings...

My question is regarding fitting the bumper to my car... Would this be a straight bolt off bolt on job? Or will I require some modifications or any extra parts in order for it to fit?

I have also been offered a rear bumper from an ST and would this be the same also?

Final question, if the car is 2007 I'm right in thinking it is a pre-facelift model (the ST) and if not how could I tell from pictures of outside?

Thanks for any help.

should be a straight swap, go for it and get both

Ok great! I was also reading something about some mounting rivets or something? Would I need these? Or should they be on the bumpers already?

Also I was offered the side skirts cheap... But they are from the 3 door car.. However mine is a 5 door... (I am right in thinking these are different?), so if anyone needed some side skirts from MK2 ST 3 door.. I can get some cheap in west-midlands.

Rear bumper is a straight swap.

Front bumper I think may require different fog light mounts although the fog lights themselves are the same.

Easiest ways to determine between Mk2 and Mk2.5 are headlight shape, wing mirror shape, no door bump strips, and a different shape to the rear hatch/badge layout.

Mk2 front/side and rear-

post-28494-0-93246800-1387128821_thumb.j post-28494-0-13694800-1387128829_thumb.j

Mk2.5 Front/side and rear-

post-28494-0-08397200-1387128870_thumb.j post-28494-0-04797900-1387128878_thumb.j

• Like 1

If you can get Zetec S skirts they are pretty much identical to the ST ones but are more readily available for a 5 door.

Don't buy Polish pattern parts though as they're generally a poor fit.

For a bumper fitting kit, if you need it, you're best off going to a dealer for all the relevant rivets and clips.

• Like 1

If you can get Zetec S skirts they are pretty much identical to the ST ones but are more readily available for a 5 door.

Don't buy Polish pattern parts though as they're generally a poor fit.

For a bumper fitting kit, if you need it, you're best off going to a dealer for all the relevant rivets and clips.

Wow thanks! That's everything I need to know! I'll pick up the bumpers tomorrow, and might get the skirts anyway as its a cheap deal incase anyone is in need of any 3dr mk2 side skirts...

As for the Zetec s side skirts I might look for some instead of st ones... Also these ones I take it are from the "facelift" model? And they still fit fine?

Thanks for the heads up on the bumper kit.. I'll have a look into it... Would I not be able to ask for these off the bumper from the car he is breaking?

Thanks again.

Skirts for the Mk2 and 2.5 are interchangeable.

I think the bumper kits are a single use but can't confirm.

Skirts for the Mk2 and 2.5 are interchangeable.

I think the bumper kits are a single use but can't confirm.

Agh ok does that count with the ST as well?

I picking up the bumpers tomorrow, he said its still attached to the car, so I will have a look at it before I take them away.. Hopefully I can use what's there... I did read somewhere about using rivets from old bumper? So hopefully I can use rivets from the car it was on.. Maybe not I don't know.

They will need painting, so I won't be able to try get it fitted until I paint it to colour of my car, but after that I may take pictures of each stage and upload with a short write up of how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

Generally because the ST is a 3 door there is a moulding bulge on the skirts which will obstruct the rear doors.

For info and to help you find your way around the bumpers I've pulled up some exploded diagrams of the ST bumpers and the MK2/2.5 skirts-

post-28494-0-13764900-1387137569_thumb.j post-28494-0-44127700-1387137574_thumb.j post-28494-0-52234900-1387138086_thumb.j

Generally because the ST is a 3 door there is a moulding bulge on the skirts which will obstruct the rear doors.

For info and to help you find your way around the bumpers I've pulled up some exploded diagrams of the ST bumpers and the MK2/2.5 skirts-

attachicon.gifST Bumper Front.jpg attachicon.gifST Bumper Rear.jpg attachicon.gifSide Skirts.jpg

Agh great, I can see it more clearly now. Just what I needed.... From the diagrams you posted, all I can see are clips and torx screws attaching the bumper to the car? All the grills and fogs etc are already on the bumper... So would this then mean it would simple unbolt and unclip, much the same as the mk1 focus bumpers?

I think it's just a case of being methodical and making sure you don't miss any screws.

• 3 years later...

Hi I have a facelift focus zetec 58 plate will a preface lift st bumper fit my car

Hi I have a facelift focus zetec 58 plate will a preface lift st bumper fit my car

Yes it will be a straight fit. You just need to change the fog and reverse lights. Um selling some if they didnt come with the bumper [emoji6]

Sorry only the rear bumper will fit as the frontis different due to the lights being different.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, salsheikh said:

Yes it will be a straight fit. You just need to change the fog and reverse lights. Um selling some if they didnt come with the bumper emoji6.png

Sorry only the rear bumper will fit as the frontis different due to the lights being different.

Are the standard fog/reverse lights the same as the ST ones? I got a ST bumper with both light units minus the bulbs but it only arrived with the fog, reverse unit was missing?

The lights are exactly the same, the bumper just has the extra styling features.

• 2 years later...

Hi Gazza, I know it was years and years ago now, but I’m just wondering if that transfer worked? I have a standard mk2 Focus and I’m looking at getting an st bumper. I’ve looked all over YouTube and everywhere else I could think of but no one else seems to be doing this. Have you got any photos? Many thanks 🙂 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club