Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Cut

BeccaaCat

Hey,

I managed to scuff my car today :(

Being an idiot I scraped a car next to me, now have a very small scuff and a bit of green paint on the passenger side door.

My question is can I use T Cut to get this out?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

You can but it is quite abrasive. If your car is metallic it will take a bit of the lacquer off. I would try using a colour wax first. If that doesn't work, mix it with a bit of T-cut.

This is going to sound so stupid so I apologise in advance but my cars white does that mean it's metallic? :unsure:

And where can I get colour wax lmao I never wash my car can you tell? :(

Its probably not metallic if its white. Turtle Wax do a Colour Wax. There are other makes and are available at your friendly if not knowledgeable Halfords.

Colour Wax is good for hiding small blemishes and if you buy it with a chipstick (sometimes comes free), its ideal for filling in stone chips.

Don't feel down about scuffing the car. You should see what my neighbours done to her C-Max. 18 inch long and 3 inch wide crease along the line of the passenger front door handle. Lovely.

If its a light scuff, like your nail doesn't catch in it and the paint is still there T cut would work but there's a lot better products out there now, do you not have a local car body shop local, if you ask them nicely and its just a scuff they might machine polish it out or at least give you some advice if its past the point of polishing out.

I feel awful lol I wanted to cry when I did it.

So worried the other woman is going to want to claim as well lol I don't know if there's any damage to her car (too dark to see).

Most of its tiny, the worst is on the edge of the door. I do have a car refinishing shop next door to my work lol I'll ask them thank you

For the green paint left on the car (I'm guessing its from the other car..) get a rag, and a small bit of paint thinners on it... Yes paint thinners... And a SMALL bit... Rub it on the paint and should take it off... Then wipe it clean, and try your T-Cut.. Of the T-Cut doesn't work you can try the colour wax, but that tends to fade are a few washes, so you may be better off with a fine brush touch up, with a t-cut then a polish and wax. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

T cut is very abrasive try Meguiars scratch X works wonders on small scratches and scuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If there's a body shop next door to your work deffo call in there before you do anything. They're normally very reasonable in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club