Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordered 300Mm Brake Upgrade. Alloys

AJRTDDI

Hey guys, I've ordered some 300mm discs for my 1.8tdi.

Was wondering if they would fit under my Fiesta Mk 6 alloys (5mm Spacers)

What size wheels you have fitted.

Also you fitting st170 or mondeo calipers?

I know ony old fiesta the fitted under my 16s but cought the spokes so spaced by 3mm but with 15s the calipers would have to be shaven

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi, I am thinking of getting ST brakes to upgrade my 2.0tdci focus. Do I just need calipers and disks or do you need to get different hosing and other parts etc? I know it will fit under my wheels okay.

You would need the carriers to.

Not sure what else on mk2 as I have only done on mk1 focus and mk6 fiesta

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

various ideas on this one if the wheels are 16 inch i doubt the 300m disks and carriers will fit as ive got 278mm disks with 16 inch alloys on the ti vct and theres no where near enough clearance to go bigger maybe someone else will confirm this im sure on the mk1 focus you had to change the hub with an st170 hub to fit bigger disks and calipers

i did indeed also need the hubs/calipers and discs from st

youll not get the wheel on with 15s i would look at 17s or 18s then youll need to lower it and get a steering lock restrictor to stop the alloys rubbing on the arch liner

If your going 300mm you will need 18's I would of thought. I know that's the case for the mk2.

The Focus MK2 / MK2.5 with 1.8 / 2.0 TDCI and 2.0 Duratec HE engines do have 300 mm brake discs. The Focus MK2 / MK2.5 ST has 320 mm brake discs. It is no problem at all to fit 16 inch alloy or steel wheels to Focus MK2 / MK2.5 models with 300 / 320 mm brake discs. Ford even recommends 16 inch wheels in combination with winter tyres and snow chains for all Focus MK2 / MK2.5 models (except the RS).

For 300 mm brake discs you definetely will not need 17 or 18 inch wheels.

Sorry it may be the ST callipers which require 18" wheels then. Just what I have read somewhere as my winter wheels are only 17 and I was contemplating upgrading my brakes.

given its a mk1 whats the specs on a mk2 dont really help him lol unless my ti vct has 300mm disks no way on gods earth will 300 fit behind 16s im almost certain ive got 278mm and theres about 2cm clearance between the caliper and the rim of the alloy and thats 16 inch ford alloys

All mk3 Mondeos have 300mm front discs (from the 2.0L to the ST220), including my car, 16" wheels come as standard and fit no problem

Its only the Focus ST225 that has 320mm front discs, that needs bigger than 16" wheels

Mk1 focuses ,(and Fiestas,and mk1 & 2 Mondeos) have 4-stud wheels

Mk2 Focuses and mk3 & 4 Mondeos have 5-stud wheels

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club