Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clicking Sound When Rear Wiper Engaged.

Hyrule

Howdy folks

Have a weird issue which seems to have just started with my Focus. Whenever I engage the rear windscreen wiper, there is this weird clicking sound coming from around the fusebox area/centre console. When the wiper moves across the rear screen, you hear this "click click". Now before you ask its not the usual sound the wiper makes as it moves across the screen, but a distinctive clicking sound which wasn't there before.

Anyone come across this before or have any idea what it might be. Was thinking of changing the fuse should there be one for the wipers.

Cheers

H

So your sure that its definately not the standard engagement of the wiper?

So your sure that its definately not the standard engagement of the wiper?

Hehe yeah definitely not the normal sound. At first I thought it was the song on the radio but its very noticeable now. It's something I can live with until I get the car serviced just wondered if anyone else has experienced it.

Try disconnect the car battery, then unlatch all relays from the fuseboard, give them a quick blow (preferably compressed air) and then reinstall each of them in turn and secure them down.

i wouldn't of thought it be anything else other than the relay in the fuse box, there's not much (in terms of parts) connected to the rear wiper in the centre console/fuse box,

unless in an extreme case is that there is a bare wire or split wire and its arcing across to bare metal when the relay is energised

the relays for the front and rear wipers are in the fuse box and are quite loud,

certainly sounds like a relay

is there any other relay with the same layout which could be tried in its place?

I thought this was just the relay as said, they're quite loud, I think its normal on a Mk2, but don't know about the Mk3.

As suggested, probably just the relay - I notice it in most cars I've driven. I'd hazard a guess that it's normal but now you're conscious of it, you are more aware of it. If it is concerning you, get it looked at at your next service if it's under warranty and turn the radio up in the meantime ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

As suggested, probably just the relay - I notice it in most cars I've driven. I'd hazard a guess that it's normal but now you're conscious of it, you are more aware of it. If it is concerning you, get it looked at at your next service if it's under warranty and turn the radio up in the meantime ;)

This. Mine clicks also :)

Yeah it's definitely a new sound, but gotten used to it now tbh. Im getting a service in February so I'll get my mechanic guy to take a look.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club