Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Clunk/knock Noise

stevenw88

please help this is driving me mad!!

i have a fiesta 2008 zetec s 1.6 petrol. it only has 25k miles on the clock and has full service history. its in excellent condition. it recently had a power steering fluid leak so i had the steering rack and hose replaced. this was yesterday and today i have noticed a clunk/ knock noise coming from under my feet does not do it when driving on smooth flat surface. garage done the tracking and the steering wheel more to the left when it should be centre. it never made this noise till i had this work done. driving me mad please help.

The garage wants kicking.

They should have straightened the wheel but were being lazy.

I'd take it back and make them sort it out.

Get them to also check the track rod ends as I'd bet they haven't tightened them properly.

Took it a kwik fit but as they did not do the work they wouldnt touch they could just look at. They said there a slight wiggle on the track rod end. The notices the steering wheel was off centre which that should have been done correctly when changing a steering rack. They also said tge knock noise

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

Sounds like it could be a shock absober mount but could say for sure as they dont no what the garage has done. Also they said the steering feels heavier than it should for the year and model of the car.

Could be a shock absorber like previously said. I had this from my rear right hm shock absorber. Smooth surface ok but rough service made a god awful knock and clunk. Got it replaced and all fine now. Take it back id say

Just sounds weird as there was no sound lyk tht until i got it back from them. Taking car back to them on friday.hoping it just a quick fix

• 2 weeks later...

Update

I took it bk to the garage tht fitted the steering rack they checked there work and didnt find anything. Told me to let it develop get worse. Wasnt happy at all. I took it to a local garage and they retightenes the frount sub frame mounting points. Took it for a test drive and no knock from what i can hear. And it was very hard to miss before. However cost me 48 pound for a hours labour. Which i dont think i should be paying for as the first garage did not tighten this right. What the chances of getting this money back?

Get a report from the garage that sorted it and take it back to the other one.

please help this is driving me mad!!

i have a fiesta 2008 zetec s 1.6 petrol. it only has 25k miles on the clock and has full service history. its in excellent condition. it recently had a power steering fluid leak so i had thesteering rack and hose replaced. this was yesterday and today i have noticed a clunk/ knock noise coming from under my feet does not do it when driving on smooth flat surface. garage done the tracking and the steering wheel more to the left when it should be centre. it never made this noise till i had this work done. driving me mad please help.

Steven, you said you had a new steering rack and hose fitted? My steering has been leaking fluid recently too, finally took it to a garage and they said the steering rack needs replacing. I have a 2006 fiesta with about 55k miles, they quoted about £500 for part VAT and labour; wondered if I am being ripped off or not?

Cheers

Dont know how much it cost as the warranty paid for it. But im sure u can get a new steering rack from a ford dealership for round about 150 to 200 quid. Maybes cheaper if u shop around. 500 quid all in does sound a bit steep to be honest. 300quid sounds about right but im no mechanic

I got my money back off the garage that done work. Noise went but now its back

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club