Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dipped Headlights Not Working

sssnakeuk2001

Hi all, I have a 53 plate fusion. Its lights have stopped working. Not all though. I have side lights and full beam but no dipped beam lights(2 position on switch). I find it weird full beam works as it shares same bulb as dipped lights.

. I have checked bulbs and both are fine. I do not have any user manual or owners manual for car so I do not even know what fuse does dipped beam. I know the fuse box is behind glovebox and I have checked everyone that looks like it has a light symbol.

I really hope there is someone out there who has had the same problem and fixed it that can lend me some help. To say I know nothing about cars is an understatement

Please Help

Stephen

Hi ta for that. How would I test the switch. Also is it easy to remove. As I said in original post I am useless with cars. But im great at picking it up

Stephen

click sroneys avatar pic then click guides on the left. Clive put a guide on here for a focus but it is a similar process if the fusion uses the same system if it's a stalk let me know.

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

Awesome, Thank you. Is there any way to check if mine is broken before buying a new one. Or am I better just trying to locate one in a scrappies. I'm pretty sure Fiesta one will be exact same. So should not be too hard to find one. Just well skint this month due to kids Christmas. Total worst time for something to go wrong.

Stephen

I should also say mine is same style as one in guide. Without the extra positions at bottom. I only have 2 positions and pull out for fogs

I see lots on eBay that look like mine. They all have same 2S6T 13A024 serial number but with varients of da or bc or bb at end of serial. Are these bits important. The only difference I see is the symbols are on different places on light. Some only advertise with

2S6T 13A024. So i think the extra bits at end of serial are not important

Can you help please

Stephen

I dont believe that any of it would make a difference to be honest. As long as you have the basic on off, then you should be fine with any.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry it took me so long to reply. I started with fuses,all were fine, then replaced bulbs, still no joy. so finally replaced switch. Found a used on on eBay for 7.95. Fixed the problem. Switch does look a tad more tired than my original though but I am very happy it has worked. Cant thank you all enough

glad to hear its fixed!

You might be able to replace the front part on the switch by swapping the innards? gives it a more tidy luck?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club