Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Dab Radio Problem Ford Focus Titanium X 2013

Onkar

Hello Everyone

I have just brought a used 2013 Focus Titanium X,

I am having some problems with the DAB radio. the car is not finding the DAB station that I like such as LBC, kiss, Capital Xtra,

it has found all BBC stations and heart, XFM, ect.

I have scanned for the stations on both DAB1 And DAB2 but still no luck

Can some please help me

Thank you

I also have this problem with the Ford DAB, totally given up now!! So any one got ideas??

I have the Titanium with a Dab radio and receive all the channels including Kiss, Capital LBC etc. live on the Surrey stretch of the M25 but channels do drop out the further I travel West. The problems you may have maybe regional.

Hmm possibly then yeah, myself and the guy who created thread live in essex according to his location!

Does sound like it might be due to signal, I'm pretty sure I have KISS although don't use DAB that much so would have to check.

I had a single cd dab & upgraded to the 6cd changer dab & realized it picks more dab channels then other single cd one??

Yunii

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for your reply

I have another problem

The songs on my iPhone have suddenly stop playing via bluetooth

The phone and phone book is working perfect

I have done a master reset but still not working

Whilst my phone is connected to the car the Speakers on the iPhone don't produce any sound

Anyone else had this problem

It was working fine for the first 2 days

Thanks

One thing that might be worth a try is powering your phone off, I don't use an I-phone myself but powering off my I-pad in the past has resolved a lot of Apple problems.

I done the master reset on the sync setting within my car and I have deleted my phone from the bluetooth devices in the car

Also I have re added the phone but it's still not working

Can I take my car back to fords

Will these issues be covered by the warranty

Yes it will be covered under manufacturer warranty, so they should sort it.

If you have an iPhone

Can you connect via USB

And if it's paying via bluetooth are your track names displayed on the car screen

No on my focus with sync, track names do not appear. It's a shame really as with the Fiesta with just bluetooth and not sync it does show track names.

I have the Sony DAB stereo and find that DAB stations vary depending where I am, Capital will work at home (Cambridge) but there's barely any stations other than BBC available at work (Milton Keynes); it is dependent on regional variations.

I tend to stream Spotify via bluetooth from my Samsung Galaxy S4 and find that occasionally it pauses itself, though I reckon it may be a software glitch on my phone. I don't get track names either, but I used to on my old iPhone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

I have a 2013 Titanium X as well - have always had issues with my DAB radio and have now given up trying to use it. I live in Sussex and I have noticed that in some areas the signal is fine (the further South I go). Whereas around where I live and around the dealership I bought the car from, the signal is terrible. It doesn't pick up many of the main stations. I spoke to the Ford dealer I bought the car from and they said it is just down to poor signal strength. I don't know if this is them coming up with an excuse but I'm happy at the moment just plugging my iPod in to play music.

I just picked up my car from my local ford centre

They have done a hard reset on the media interface and my bluetooth is working fine with my iPhone

Dab still can find most popular stations but it's the same excuse

Bad single

How ever I can now steam live usa radio station via the 3G internet on my phone

Download ootunes app or tunein for this feature

Very good to have

What are sync applications ?

• 1 month later...

Am pleased to say I have now managed to get kiss, capital and all that. I now have a different car (but same spec/radio) but same area so not to sure what's changed.

Funny how different dab radio units pick up different. In the same region .

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• 6 years later...

Hi. The dab radio system had a reboot recently from DAB to DAB+ and in doing this some stations can only be listened to on DAB+  I found this out myself as I have a 2012 focus titanium +. Only option for me was to buy a DAB+ adapter to plug in. 
eBay about £30

Not all DAB radio are as good as other at picking up weak signal, and it you're in a weak area it can be very hit and miss where gets reception and where does not.

In my area I can get Chris Country in my drive but not the top of the street, but when I turn out of my street I get it again. The same is true for my portable DAB radio in the house, I can listen if the radio in on the left of my desk, but not the right.

Now if you're really only concerned about UK stations I've found the phone app Radioplayer does function rather well as a Sync3 mobile app .

• 9 months later...
On 1/2/2014 at 3:18 PM, stuartr26 said:

I have a 2013 Titanium X as well - have always had issues with my DAB radio and have now given up trying to use it. I live in Sussex and I have noticed that in some areas the signal is fine (the further South I go). Whereas around where I live and around the dealership I bought the car from, the signal is terrible. It doesn't pick up many of the main stations. I spoke to the Ford dealer I bought the car from and they said it is just down to poor signal strength. I don't know if this is them coming up with an excuse but I'm happy at the moment just plugging my iPod in to play music.

Its obvious cos in the truck is Working DAB perfect but doesnt in the ford