Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Audio System Not Turning On

Johannes

Our audio system on our smax has stopped working? Won't turn on at all? So we can't access radio, nav, cd .... Anything Any ideas?

First point of call needs to be the fuse box

There should be two fuse's for the radio.

Next step i guess will be to pull the radio out and check conections , at the same time you can check your getting power to it.

Have you tried resetting by pulling the fuse (having the keycode ready)? Some information would be helpful - which satnav?Travelpilot NX (DVD), EX (CD) or FX (SD) or aftermarket?

Some radios have a fuse mounted in the back under the loom connector.

Have tried everything with fuses and to no avail. Now whole battery flat this morning ?? Although nothing was left on when last used on Xmas eve?

Sounds like you might have a shortout in the wiring somewhere. So at no point the radio will turn on at all?

Take the unit out and check the wiring, it could be that there has been a bit too much heat, and the wires have bonded, possibly causing the short out.

What year is your Smax? If it's 2006-2008 it needs a software update applying to fix this.

Have you checked the wiring for any noticeable issues?

Just dropped it off at ford. We couldn't see anything obvious. Will let you know what the outcome is.

It was a fault inside the audio system. Needs to be replaced and has had to be disconnected to rectify battery drainage until replacement installed.

• 1 year later...

I just come back from two weeks vacation and I have exactly the same problem. Do you remember how much was the unit replacement?

• 6 years later...

Hi there, I am having the same issue as above owner.... can you give me a rough cost of how much fords charged...?

• 1 month later...

How weird, my battery went flat randomly!

so I jumpstarted it now my stereo won’t stay on, the heat comes on and off so does the radio!! 

it sounds similar to you guys, what was the issue? is it expensive to fix? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club