Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Bulbs. (Osram)

Luke23 tdci

Thinking of upgrading the headlight bulbs, but not going to be hids. Just nice set of bulbs. Has anyone used any osram bulbs ?. On a focus mk2.5.

What bulbs do u recommend :).

osram nightbreakers are good, i have the cool blue intense on mine currently

• Like 1

Ye that's what I was thinking the nightbreakers. Yours h7s too? You just changed dipped beam or main beam too?.

I have been using Osram Nightbreaker Plus, they are brilliant. However they don't last long, and I have just upgraded to the newer Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited, which are better. Probably wont last any longer, but the shorter lifespan is a good trade off for the extra light in my opinion. I drive at night a lot, and these bulbs look flashed up when dipped, dont dazzle other drivers, and I really rate them. This is on a mk 2.5.

The nightbreaker unlimited isn't that the replacement for the nightbreaker plus?.

How long have they lasted ? I've replaced the standard bulbs twice since 1 year of owning the car in a year.

Brighter bulbs do equal a compromise on lifespan but the light quality is worth the effort.

Another good bulb is the cool blue intense or philips bluevision.

Thinking of upgrading the headlight bulbs, but not going to be hids. Just nice set of bulbs. Has anyone used any osram bulbs ?. On a focus mk2.5.

What bulbs do u recommend :).

A good combination for both quality style and quality illumination:

Can-bus T10 5SMD 6000k led parking bulbs

Osram cool blue H7 (low beam)

Osram Night breaker plus H1 (high beam)

Osram cool blue H11 (fog lights)

Cree Q5 BA15s reverse bulb

T10 5 smd reg plate bulbs,

Silvatec offset pins P21w rear indicator bulbs

Silvatec T10 side indicator bulbs

Here's some pictures of my combination here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/50381-new-headlights-for-the-zs/

I've not fitted osram cool blue though.

I can vouch for night breakers. Tried a set on my previous car and I was very happy with them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

can't fault osram night breakers have them on my mk2.5 light up the road well

• Like 1

Just to play devil's advocate all these bulbs may look "cool" but it's worth pointing out that blue light gets scattered more than yellow by water vapour so in misty conditions they are likely to produce more glare. :)

The night breakers are 4300k rating so it's not going to a blue light from the bulb. It's going he be just little bit more white than yellow.

The night breakers are 4300k rating so it's not going to a blue light from the bulb. It's going he be just little bit more white than yellow.

That's why I suggested osram cool blue there whiter than night breaker

But

Night breaker is brighter,

That's why I recommended cool blue low beam and fogs with night breaker high beam.

Well, let me put it another way : the response of the human eye peaks in the green/yellow range so I would argue that a normal unfiltered incandescent lamp will appear brighter for a given wattage than a 'cool white' or 'cool blue' since these use a filter to remove wavelengths at the yellow end of it's spectrum. Add that to the fact that yellower light cuts through the mist and fog better and it's clear that the "cool" lamps are being chosen for style rather than function. :)

Tip of the day! wear disposable gloves when handling light bulbs, sometimes the grease from your fingers can cause the bulb to blow prematurely! I also rate the nightbreakers!

cobalt bulbs tested just below the osram they last longer and they are half the price the bulbs ive got ive had for a year

What's the light colour output is it a blue or white ?

• Like 1

Think cobalts are blue, Nightbreakers are the way to go mate ;-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club