Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extra Noise After Wind Deflectors Installed

mongman

Hey people.

not sure if this is already covered, i did try searching but ever since I put my Heko wind deflectors on I notice there is alot of extra "wind" noise on the driver side, i suspect the window is ever so slightly ajar as now-a-days it's freezing when i get in the car and I also sometime notice some misting going while the car is parked.

I have tried moving the placement of the the metal clips but no luck. I find it really annoying, so loud in my ear that i cant hear the radio!!

Is it safe to take these clips out? Any suggestions?

• Like 1

I didn't bother using the clips when I fitted mine and the deflectors aren't going anywhere. There was still an increased wind noise but nothing like as bad as yours suggest and my windows are fully closing.

a bit of noise isnt uncommon the interiuor being cold is because its cold outside you wont change that as the interior temp will drop to near outside temps misting when parked will be the fact the insides warm and the outside isnt drawing any warm air to the coldest part the window also when i got mine you didnt get clips so mine havent got any if you wish dab of silicone on the edges will ensure they go nowhere

I thought those clips where primarily just fitment holders, you should be able to just remove then and fit with the tape.

If the worst comes to the worst you can always do the unthinkable and just remove the deflectors :o

They must be going out of fashion ablut now anyway and in the future will become as naff as furry dice and starsky stripes, and bonnet bras, then you will hear everyone saying how rubbish they were :lol:

Perhaps the safety cut off is coming into play before the window is full up , check the writing on the glass to see if it matches the passenger side , if it's slightly lower then perhaps it needs reseating on the drivers side.

If the worst comes to the worst you can always do the unthinkable and just remove the deflectors :o

They must be going out of fashion ablut now anyway and in the future will become as naff as furry dice and starsky stripes, and bonnet bras, then you will hear everyone saying how rubbish they were :lol:

I must admit, I did fit these for the look rather than any practical benefit.

i find them vey usefull at the mo with the shocking weather and yeah they look good ive fitted them to every car nowt worse than having to open the window and getting hit with rain or snow or gritters flying past spreading grit i would remove the clips after 24hours you dont need them mine were never supplied with them and never needed them either

I have found there is more noise when the windows are slightly open, I believe it is due to them deflecting road noise towards the open window, similar to when you cup your hand to your ear to hear better.

Id also go with Preee's suggestion of the cut out coming into play as it touches the deflector, although saying that in some cases the window automatically goes back when it hits an obstruction.

Thanks for the suggestions people. I guess I will take out the clips on my side and see if that helps. Its deftinently an open window somewhere because if I turn the heating off the temperature drops quite rapidly inside the cabin.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club