Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P2584 Eml

markw96

To cut a long story short I had error p2584 come one, I went to a garage. They reset the fault, removed my dpf, and I had the car remapped. A couple of days later the eml came on with no code. The next day it was on, they a couple of days later it came on again. Eventually after this happening around 3 times the dpf light came on the dash. I went back to the garage and they said it shouldn't of happened.They reset all the faults including the fluid count eolys, but used different software or equipment this time. Again iI had no faults for a couple of days, but it has re appeared exactly as it did before.

Can anyone help with this please?

the code relates to the eloys count so whatever they are doing they arent doing it right it can happen if they arent using the right software youll have to go back to them again and get them to sort it

• Like 1

Is there not a sensor on the eolys fluid tank? What I'm trying to say is the fault is being cleared, but the sensor keeps sending a message to say it's empty so the fault develops again, a never ending circle unless I top up the eolys tank or somehow fool the sensor into thinking the tank is full.

From what I know there is no sensor - it's just a "count" that the ECU keeps track of.

there is a sensor behind the rear seats..that needs to be disconnected! had that done on my 1.6 tdci - they just unplug it and obviuosly delete from ecu :p

I don't suppose you have a photo of the sensor do you?

Thank you in advance

sorry no..but they dropped the rear seat on drivers side, and there is a plug/socket around there-they pulled that out and said alot of companies forget about that one?

mine was done about 3 months ago now- dpf removed-egr delete,and remapped

I'll have a look for that tomorrow. Thank you.

Well I have found a plug/socket under the rear seat (drivers side) and I have unplugged it. Give up trying to upload it onto here, for some reason it just will not work!

The good news is that the eml has now gone off and has stayed off so far, but the dpf light is permanently illuminated now :(

Just about ready to give up with this now, can anyone else offer any assistance? thank you to everyone that has contributed so far!

Ok latest now is, u0118 lost communications with fuel additive control module. Surely this should have been wiped from the ecu with the dpf removal and remap?

if they had done it correctly..like mine was then- yes it should have been done with dpf removal and remap. Hence me telling you that a lot of companies dont remove them correctly :p

needs to go back and them do it properly..sorry

I didn't even know there was a DPF light? Thought it just illuminated the EML and threw a code?

Right I'll get back onto them tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Yes there is a dpf light it's yellow/orange, I'd take a photo but there's not much point as I can't upload any here :(

One place I spoke to when I was looking into getting the dpf deleted talked about filling the eloys tank with diesel to overcome this problem - sounds a bit fishy to me and not the "right" way to do it. They said that if the system ever called for eloys fluid injection then it would just send in diesel to be mixed with the that coming from the normal diesel tank.

I went to a different place to get the work done and no warning lights have come back on at all. I was there the whole time and didn't notice that they went in under the back seats to unplug anything, but maybe I wasn't paying attention at that exact time. I'll have a look tomorrow to see if anything ahs been disconnected. I have never seen a dpf light on the dash (2007, Mk2), so maybe its only started on the Mk25. onwards?

Here is a photo of the dpf light:

post-29850-0-90200100-1388689556_thumb.j

and here is a photo of the dpf plug that i unplugged

post-29850-0-53223900-1388689385_thumb.j

No, well not from what I can make out, here is an earlier photo with the eml & dpf on

post-29850-0-52909000-1388697818_thumb.j

Just checked and yes, this connecter has been disconnected on mine - I assume this was done as partof the dpf removal.

The light you are showing (looks a bit like an engine block to me, not sure if its meant to) is a general engine malfunction warning according to the handbook, "go immediately to a ford dealer and get ripped off big bucks to have it reset". It doesn't sound like its specific for dpf, although mine was one before getting tyhe pdf taken out and most of the error codes were dpf related.

Just checked and yes, this connecter has been disconnected on mine - I assume this was done as partof the dpf removal.

The light you are showing (looks a bit like an engine block to me, not sure if its meant to) is a general engine malfunction warning according to the handbook, "go immediately to a ford dealer and get ripped off big bucks to have it reset". It doesn't sound like its specific for dpf, although mine was one before getting tyhe pdf taken out and most of the error codes were dpf related.

Thank you for checking, i really appreciate it!! Unfortunately the place where i got it done is closed until the 7th so ill have to see what happens then.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've been back and had another map put on the car by the same guy. Surprise surprise same problems yet again. I really don't know what to do with this now, really f@@ked off!! Incidentialy I thought I'd do the dashboard trick and see what errors that flagged up! I can't get it to work at all tried everything, could this be related?

hes messed around with the software and obviously wiped something out to be honest ide have the original ford software replaced and get it remapped elsewhere problem is some mappers wont touch ait as they dont want any issues that may arise if the original mapper hasnt done something right you really need to phone him and explain to him the situation and what he proposes to do if he cant do it then admit it and refund you simple as

is the car running ok besides the light? what i would do is not bother going back to the tuner- go elsewhere. several compnaies will be able to put right.

if there are no driving issues then dont worry so much and take time emailing other tuners :p

Yeh it's running great apart from the !Removed! warning light and noise!! It's a bit strange though that the dashboard trick don't work though don't you think?

The noise when the warning light comes on, the bleeping, why wouldn't the dashboard trick work though? That's what's concerning me as well