Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It Ecu Alternator Immob Or Poor Wiring Helpppp

soapy67

Had the car 6 month not one bit bother recently been having dreaded limp mode delve ingot po483 cooling fan rationality u1900 can bus (wiring) p1245 wiring alternator p1577 wiring app sensor p1622 immobiliser code incorrect p1386 variable cam timing overbalanced bank 2 p193b accelerator position sensor app. P1936 wiring Cpp sensor could all this be down to a faulty alternator as it used to whistle like it was on its way out and doesn't now since the limp mode happens or cluster panel or ecu or all 3 ? Any help hint anything would be appreciated thanks and merry Xmas and happy new year

what car is it?

i doubt it has anything to do with the alterator as they don't have sensors only fault your get from that is the battery not getting charged.

could check all your battery connections and terminals are clean but that would usually cause electrical faults.

i think anything said on here would be at a guess to be honest with ya.

Check the alternator for the sake of it, if the battery isn't charging properly then it could be as simple as a bad earth! or a loose wire.the other errors though, I dont think that they are alternator related!

It sounds like there is a wiring issue though. Do you find the car misbehaves at all? any poor handling, backfiring, other noises?

Happy Christmas!

Had the car 6 month not one bit bother recently been having dreaded limp mode delve ingot po483 cooling fan rationality u1900 can bus (wiring) p1245 wiring alternator p1577 wiring app sensor p1622 immobiliser code incorrect p1386 variable cam timing overbalanced bank 2 p193b accelerator position sensor app. P1936 wiring Cpp sensor could all this be down to a faulty alternator as it used to whistle like it was on its way out and doesn't now since the limp mode happens or cluster panel or ecu or all 3 ? Any help hint anything would be appreciated thanks and merry Xmas and happy new year

. Iam stomped it doesn't back fire or miss the car hasn't missed a beat the 6 month he had it never used oil or water the other day for the first time I don't know if this is connected to it but for split second the cd radio cut out just before it happened do u think a cheap after market cd player we have in it could cause this as it does have a bad earth on it

Often when you get many, unrelated fault codes it is voltage (over or under-voltsge) or interferance on the bus, due to a faulty altrnator voltage regulator, faulty or wrong tipe of battery etc or associated systems, this is because the sensors operate at specific voltages and if the voltage fed to them is wrong it can put the readings out (causing random fault codes to be generated)

A bad earth or even a loose connection can generate voltage spikes or interferance also

Sort your CD player and give it a good earth, make sure it is fused properly and take the power straight off the battery (via an inline fuse) if nessesary, this isolates it from the cars electrics (to an extent) and can reduce interference, it can protect the cars electrics too -

Check to see if you have the correct silver-calcium battery and it is good (holding a charge etc)

You can get an inexpensive LED voltmeter online that plugs into the cigar lighter - a useful investment - you can keep an eye on the voltage in real time then

Keep checking the codes - you may discover a pattern (eg - when you switch the CD player on etc)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I changed the battery on my mk2 2005 16 tdci now when I turn the key nothing doesn't even turn but the immobiliser light flashes frantically any ideas what to do to get it started

Try the spare key.

It could be the immobiliser lost that key from the system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club