Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Tyres For My Focus?

GeorgeDJ7

I've had my Focus for a while now and honestly enjoy everything it has to offer, but I'm noticing slight vibrations at speed and also my steering feels really tough just off centre then really light after. The car has two different sets of tyres on it and both names I've never heard of! After looking how the tyres can affect handling and vibrations I'm starting to think maybe it's time for a new set! Can anyone help with recommendations please? I don't want to be lumbered with bad tyres! (Budget around £250 as only looking for two on the front wheels, tyres pressures are at recommend levels and same all round)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

My Focus Estate has odd tyres when I bought it. Last year I had three Pirelli P6's to match the one already on the car. Handling and steering improved amazingly.

I believe they don't do those anymore but have replaced them with the P600, which I have no doubt will be a good bet.

Sent via my Android mobile device using the amazing Ford OC mobile app.

Avon ZZ3 are good tyres for your budget.

Check out BlackCircles online for locations and offers.

P.S, not a for sale post so moved to the correct Forum.

• Like 1

Okay thank you I will look online now and see what is available and look for those two recommendations! Thanks a lot!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

If you really want recommendations to fit a budget, you'll have to quote the tyre size, as they did several...

(and, preferably, your priorities for grip vs tyre life and whether you are bothered about fuel economy and whether you also use winter tyres)

Edited by BOF

Avon ZZ3 are good tyres for your budget.

Check out BlackCircles online for locations and offers.

Sincerely +1 and +1 again

I can't recommend these Avon ZZ3 tyres enough there fantastic grip and have saved my bacon many times most recently when I was driving a country road in the dark and i knew a hair pin turn was approaching but i thought the hair pin was 3 minutes further down the road than it actually was.

I ended up turning a hairpin turn that I wasn't yet expecting to meet.

Thanks to the Avon ZZ3 I stayed on my own side of the road the only slip was my concentration I'll have them fitted one year now in march still good thread on them too.

I recommend to try thi site, as I believe they're cheaper than blackcircles,

www.camskill.com tyres

I've used on numerous occasions, & next day delivery.

Yunii

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Have a looksee on the cashback websites. I got 6% cashback on 4 ZZ3'S (As per Stoney's recommendation). I ended up going through Tyreshopper for the best price. Think it was around the 70 quid a corner mark. (Can't remember exactly - had 4 months at sea since then lol)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Have a looksee on the cashback websites. I got 6% cashback on 4 ZZ3'S (As per Stoney's recommendation). I ended up going through Tyreshopper for the best price. Think it was around the 70 quid a corner mark. (Can't remember exactly - had 4 months at sea since then lol)Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

Sweet I've had ZZ3 fitted almost a year now and i know there good in the wet but nobody told me they made the car amphibious ;)

That's the best thing since I found out my focus had foot well lighting, it can drive on water too :)

• Like 1

I have uniroyal rainsport 2 225/40 /zr18s @£79 each plus £2.99 per tyre delivery next day

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I have uniroyal rainsport 2 225/40 /zr18s @£79 each plus £2.99 per tyre delivery next day

RS2s aren't as good as RS3s, but that's a very good price. A really good price.

I recommend to try thi site, as I believe they're cheaper than blackcircles,

www.camskill.com tyres

There is no one tyre site that is always the cheapest; you need to look at several, because one might be cheapest for, say, Hankooks and another for Michelins. That said, on average, Camskills is often one of the cheaper ones.

I ended up going through Tyreshopper for the best price.

I've also used Tyreshopper, and found them good. Price included fitting at National Tyres (and way cheaper than buying the exact same tyres bought through National Tyres).

As predicted, National tyres, who can't have been getting much dosh out of the deal, attempted to sell me something else, rear brake pads. As unexpected, it turns out that I actually needed rear brake pads.

• Like 1