Titanium or ECOnetic?

CARTER141

Ford Fiesta Model  

42 members have voted

1. 1. ECOnetic or Titanium?

• ECOnetic
    • Titanium (1.6 TDi)
    • Other

Ok, at first, I was looking at the ECOnetic Fiesta.

However, reading some stories on this forum, I feel that it isn't as 'Econetic' as it is advertised. SO looking at the 1.6 TDi Titanium

But, what would you recommend?

(please also leave your reason on chosen Model)

Thanks all.

What are you looking for in the car? Do you want the best car E.G. Trim, wheels, drive, speed etc or do you want a car that gets you to A - B for the cheapest amount of money? I think when you know this it will make it clear :)

i've choosen for the econetic + pack. The 1.6 Titanium was +/- 2000 euro more expensive (in Belgium we get 15% state reduction)That was the main reason... I made a test drive and I was sold. The weels are a bit ugly but I m going to put 15" Y's on it.

What are you looking for in the car? Do you want the best car E.G. Trim, wheels, drive, speed etc or do you want a car that gets you to A - B for the cheapest amount of money? I think when you know this it will make it clear :)

Well, looking at some posts on here, people are saying that the MPG on the ECOnetic and Titanium 1.6TDi are very similar, so I could just get a better looking car with roughly the same MPG.

Well, looking at some posts on here, people are saying that the MPG on the ECOnetic and Titanium 1.6TDi are very similar, so I could just get a better looking car with roughly the same MPG.

Looks like you have answered your own question :)

I personally would go for the titanium, really nice spec!

ok,

Indeed: You wil just have to ask your self: what price do I want to pay for a better looking car...

what's the diference in price in the UK?

Personally I would go for the Titanium ( and we did) or possibly the Zetec over the Econectic.

Econectic is nil road tax, Zetec/Titanium are £35 - to be honest not worth worrying about. Also rumoured/due to decrease to £20 in a few yrs time when new tax bands introduced.

Combined mpg of econectic is only about 5 mpg better - again probably not worth worrying about.

Econetic is not the cheapest Fiesta model to buy in th erange either!!!!

It is a stripped out basic model, without even alloys as standard.

Titanium spec, is far better and you can negotiate good deals - probably less so with the Econectic models as well.

Even a Zetec will be better value in my opinion.

Ford and all the other manufacturers should be selling these eco models cheapest in the range - not near the top - doesn't really encorage people to buy them.

When we looked at a Seat Leon last year - the eco model, again was only a few hundred cheaper than the "non-eco" model which was only slight thirstier. TAx was £120 as opposed to £35 for the eco version.

To buy the non -eco version would have given us a decent spec, 3 yrs interest free finance and bigger discount on list price - so even allowing for more road tax was still cheaper to run/purchase over 3 yrs

Definitely get the titanium - Unless your only requirement from your car is fuel economy

I think you just need to look at the list price to make your mind up.

ECOnetic: £13,195

Titanium 1.6 TDCI: £14,495 - Dealers will discount this one alot more.

For just over £1000 more, you get a much better package.

You do get a hell of a lot for the extra £1k ish, 'deal drivers' seem to be flavour of the month.

At the motorshow last year the claim was that ECOnetic put out 105 Co2's per whatsit, that's what drew me to it, sadly it wasn't available in auto, so i went for a 1.4 petrol that had the right gearbox (needed)

Hey everyone

Thanks for your replies.

By the looks of it, I will go for the Titanium model, might organise a test drive tomorrow :P

• 1 month later...
Ok, at first, I was looking at the ECOnetic Fiesta.

However, reading some stories on this forum, I feel that it isn't as 'Econetic' as it is advertised. SO looking at the 1.6 TDi Titanium

But, what would you recommend?

(please also leave your reason on chosen Model)

Thanks all.

Hi

the titanium may cost you more , but it is a much better looking car, we have one and can't fault the spec

Just another quick question, anyone tried Ford Insurance?

If yes, is it any good?

I got the Ford Insurance as the freebie for the the first week and checked out how much it would cost yearly. Nearly £600! :o I thought no I cannot afford that and i've gone for the AA at £300.

I got the Ford Insurance as the freebie for the the first week and checked out how much it would cost yearly. Nearly £600! :o I thought no I cannot afford that and i've gone for the AA at £300.

Zoinkz

How old are you?

I'm 18, so it might be way too expensive!

Who voted other?

Which Model and your reason? :P

Oh, that was me I think. Just putting in a vote for the Zetec, as it's generally cheaper than the Titanium (and can be had with the same engine you mentioned for the Titanium) but equipment-wise is at least halfway between the Econetic and the Titanium - it looks like the Titanium as well (same upholstery, headlights, chrome bits, front fog lights etc.) and has alloy wheels, Quickclear windscreen, manual air con etc. Obviously it lacks some of the posher stuff that the Titanium has (all of which is very nice but we couldn't stretch to a Titanium!), but the Econetic is only to the level of a Style model, which (when it has the same engine as a Zetec) is a considerably cheaper model than the Zetec - but due to the special "green" touches, the Econetic only costs about £200 less than the Zetec with 1.6TDCi.

• 4 weeks later...
Econectic is nil road tax, Zetec/Titanium are £35 - to be honest not worth worrying about. Also rumoured/due to decrease to £20 in a few yrs time when new tax bands introduced.

The new tax bands have now been rough in althugh they have yet to do the pricing for them due tot he public outcry. The best bit about this is that most of cheaper city cars that fall into the lower brackets would have had their tax reduced. Up to 110g/km will be £30 whereas you are paying £35 now. And with the top spec 1.6 Ti VCT engine the tax will again go down from £120 to £110 per year

• 2 years later...

You can't get the 1.6 TDCi in Titanium form here can you ?

I tried to and its only in ECOnetic so I just got the 1.6 in Petrol form and Titanium spec.

I voted Titanium - I like the kit :)

• 3 weeks later...

with a 3.05 final drive ratio and a 5th gear ratio of 0.68 that is a really low engine speed at 60 iam really interested !!