Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member Just Joined

FocusHunter

Just joined and would like to say hi and need some help.

I would like to buy a used Focus 2007-2009, Automatic.

Is there any buying guide or could someone tell me if I should go with the 1.6 or 2.0 engine? How good are these auto gear boxes?

Thanks

Weclome to club, I'm sure somebody will be able to help you out there. :)

Hope you enjoy your stay. B)

Dont buy the CVT gearbox if you can avoid it, especially if its the ZF variety, as it is a ticking time bomb. I would say get yourself the 2.0 as the 1.6 has some of its own issues.

Have you got your mind set on anything?

Edited by jeebowhite
Apparently I typed a few words like I was drunk...

Dont buy the CVT gearbox if you can avoid it, especially if its the ZF variety, as it is a ticking time bomb. U wiykd sat get yourself the 2.0 as the 1.6 has some of its own issues.

Have you got your mind set on anything?

How do I know the CVT gearbox? and what is the ZF variety?

I would like to go with a 2.0L auto gearbox 2007-2009 2.0 Ghia/Titanium.

What do you think of this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141088409671

or this: http://www.rotherhithecarsales.co.uk/used-cars/ford-focus-2-0-titanium-4dr-auto-rotherhithe-201311230107649

hi and welcome, both nice motors, sure somebody can offer you some help soon

my person oppinion id go for hatch back, full use of boot and rear seating area. but im 30 and have 2 young kids, bikes scooters etc....

Well am 35 with 2 kids ;) so need the space in the back and in the boot too

Is 75k regarded as high milage on a 07 plate 2.0 Auto focus?

And when is the timing belt due on these?

I personally like second one full leather looks spotless an nicer colour mileage below average 15to20 k a year be average no belt both chains I think are any them flexifuel

I personally like second one full leather looks spotless an nicer colour mileage below average 15to20 k a year be average no belt both chains I think are any them flexifuel

Many thanks, did not expect a 2.0 petrol to be chain ;)

Well second one is didn't see first one it just engine out mondeo 2ltr petrol is it a flexifuel

Sorry Christmas kept me away! :O

Both are the 4 speed transaxle so they should be fine and dont have the weakness that the ZF does.

The second one although more expensive you do get the hatch which with kids is almost a minimum requirement :p

FlexiFuel is basically the ability to run the car on its normal juice, but also allows you to drive on E85 - Basically 85% bio ethanol. In short, a form of alcohol :p

• Like 1

Hello and welcome

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Welcome to the forum,

Check the passenger foot well for damp could be pollen filter housing leak,

Check the boot at the top for signs of rust where the washer hose goes in to the boot panel, click on my aviator picture to see a link on my profile entitled "is your focus rusting" for more specific info on that,

Finally check the boot for signs of leak,

Common problem for the rear spoiler bolt hole seals to perish allowing water in,

Some members including myself have removed the spoiler and put some DIY bathroom silicone around the bolt holes and refitted the spoiler as a preventative measure so it won't ever get a chance to happen,

If buying a petrol,

I recommend you fit the bonnet insulation from a diesel model and fit it to your bonnet,

The windscreen washer jets have a tendency to leak allowing rain to get in on top of your engine,

The rain water can get in to the ignition leads causing rust over a period of time,

Fitting the bonnet insulation diverts the drip from the wassher jets away to the edge of the bonnet protecting your engine from getting wet.

Only other advise I can give is to get yourself some mud flaps front and rear from Ford,

The same flaps fit from 2005-2010 genuine ones fromm ford will fit unless your model has a zetecS body kit.

Really help to protect the body and prolong the lived of the car.

Happy motoring :)

• Like 2

Climate control was optional I believe, but as that car is the end of the MK2, and before the MK2.5, they added a lot of extra's that wouldnt be there as standard, just to shift the stock :)

• Like 1

I would like to thank everyone helped me here and replied.

Got the Focus Saloon Titanium 07 plate with almost full options (cruise control missing)

Blaupunkt EX sat-nav

Full leather

Heated seats

Dual electronic climate control

Rear parking sensors/aid

Electric driver seat

etc

But why no cruise control?

Think rear bearings needs replacing, noisy and grinding. Squeaking from passenger seat or some where else when breaking.

I would like to thank everyone helped me here and replied.

Got the Focus Saloon Titanium 07 plate with almost full options (cruise control missing)

Blaupunkt EX sat-nav

Full leather

Heated seats

Dual electronic climate control

Rear parking sensors/aid

Electric driver seat

etc

But why no cruise control?

Think rear bearings needs replacing, noisy and grinding. Squeaking from passenger seat or some where else when breaking.

Nice spec,

You can always fit cruise control yourself,

I have it in the focus but I rarely use it to be honest because of other road users driving 2-5kmh under the limit on motorways which causes me to speed more often,

If the cruise control in the focus was adaptive then I could set it at the speed limit and if a car came in front of me,

The adaptive cruise control would adjust both brakes and throttle to keep me a safe distance behind,

Unless I decided to overtake.

So regular cruise control is more work than normal driving when there's other road users

I'm sure you have front foot well lighting too,

You ma like to click on my profile to view my list of guides including adding rear footwell lighting.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply,

Have you replaced rear wheel bearing on a focus before? Is it recommended to buy genuine ford part? I really do not like the grinding noise from the rear bearing. Is it easy to do?

Does this unit come with built in bluetooth? I am unable to switch it on. Its the Blaupunkt Travelpilot Ex.

post-49301-138891341665_thumb.jpg

Its best to go with genuine parts where possible. If you dont want to fit it yourself, buy the OEM part and take it to an independant garage.

As for the radio, do you have "VOICE" on the remote control stalk?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club