Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Light Airbag

EHaitch

Hi

New here so please excus ethe post for help right away

1999 focus

warning light staying on

been told its a problem to do with the seat belt area and not the light itself or airbag

anyone tell me how to go about curing it, this is an MOT fail

the light stays on all the time

Sounds like a fault at the belt pre-tensioners.

Check the wiring loom under the seat, the connectors can get knocked/pulled.

I'd recommend disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes prior to any twiddling though as a power surge can fire the tensioners.

Also ensure you have your radio security code to hand or a memory keeper plugged into the dash power socket.

Surely a memory keeper will prevent the tensioners & airbag modules from safely discharging?

I see what you mean.

Tbh the small charge should be ok but in all fairness binning the keeper idea may be best practice.

I had a similar problem recently and suspected the wiring under the seat. It turned out to be a faulty front crash sensor (located just above the radiator on my 02 TDCI). If you can locate this, it might be worth unplugging it and giving the connections a good clean. It might just solve the problem and no harm done if it doesn't. I would disconnect the battery for 20 minutes before doing any work on the seatbelts/airbags etc. as previously suggested.

Thanks for the respons guys, anyone know anywhere I may get an image of the areas you are talking about

i,e Radiator and where the coonector is located

The crash sensor on mine is at the front of the engine bay just above the radiator. It is under the strut that runs across the top of the radiator grille and held on by two small bolts spaced about 40mm apart. It's a pain to get to but worth a try.

Hi guys just thought i say if u buy a super f code reader about 20 quid on eBay it might be worth getting the code read to pin point the problem,i had the pleasure doing a airbag course at thatcham even the static in ur body on the tip of the contacts of the airbags or pretensioners would set them off,so just be careful

Doubt cheap diagnostics will read airbag faults an most airbag diagnostics done with simulators but as everyone says 9 out 10 times it's seat block connector most common issue specially if u moved seats recently

Thanks guys,

sorry for the delay in replying, I always forget my bloomin password here,

the guy I bouhgt it off said he was told it was a fault with the seat belt connection

and he rememebrs it never appeard until after he moved the seat,

possblie the wire could be crushed

am I in danger of setting the air bag off if I play round with it

If you have concerns about the airbag system (understandable) then maybe you should entrust the work to a garage.

At least then if a bag goes off accidentally then they are liable for replacement parts.

If you have concerns about the airbag system (understandable) then maybe you should entrust the work to a garage.

At least then if a bag goes off accidentally then they are liable for replacement parts.

No Mate I don't, I know it to be a fault not with the system. its just a matter of tracing it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club