Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fusion Owners?

Mikey923

I just bought one for the wife. She wanted an automatic with a higher sitting position than a Fiesta or my Focus. well this fits the bill ok.

I just got to sort out the problems that the eBay seller forgot to mention.; like the engine light coming on. Also there is a strong smell in the car.

Someone has been smoking in it and I do not mean baccy.

I will try and keep you updated.

daddychubby

Hi I have a 1.6 petrol had new clutch two front struts one n/s rear wheel bearing an aftermarket cat I will have had it three years next March love high seat position great to get in and out of with my aches and pains get consistent 35 plus mpg all in all pleased.

regards jim

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Mikey923 said:

Just wondering to myself how many active Fusion owners are on FOC..

We seem to be a rare breed!

It would be great if you could leave a comment if you're a Fusion owner so we could get a rough idea :)

ImageUploadedByFord OC1388256168.022349.jpg

The wife and I are new Fusion owners 👍

I can't drive manuals but the wife does so we traded in her manual Nissan Note for a 2006 1.4 semi-auto (Durashift EST) Fusion and we both love it! 

PicsArt_11-28-01.10.02.png

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi I'm new have 2010 plate 1.4 petrol have 17 inch alloys on had it since June it's growing on me just flew through mot has 40 k mileage so quite low I'm the second owner from new

• 1 month later...

I'm still about.  Mine is now quite heavily modded - rally flaps, Focus RS vents extra lighting, led fog conversion, Fester ST steering wheel, DAB, Pipercross induction, Nokian Weatherproof tyres, boot wing (a proper one designed for the Fusion, not a Fester one nastily bodged on), GT side stripes, and all sorts of little tweaks.  I'll get an up to date pic uo wpnext time I clean her.

Just brought mine in October 54plate with 103k miles. At one point I got 100miles/gal. Great little car love it a lot more than my 02 fusion.

I'm still about.  Mine is now quite heavily modded - rally flaps, Focus RS vents extra lighting, led fog conversion, Fester ST steering wheel, DAB, Pipercross induction, Nokian Weatherproof tyres, boot wing (a proper one designed for the Fusion, not a Fester one nastily bodged on), GT side stripes, and all sorts of little tweaks.  I'll get an up to date pic uo wpnext time I clean her.

Do you have any pictures? I’d be interested in seeing your car, it sounds pretty unique.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just bought my Fusion 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to using it as soon as I can sell my present daily driver.☺

• Like 1

I've just completed a top secret mod on my Fusion.  72 watts of slimline LED goodness on the roof hidden in the roof bar pad, and another 48 watts hidden behind the grille.  All slaved to the main beam via a relay, with an over ride kill switch concealed in the cabin.  All very discrete, virtually impossible to spot from inside or out.

Lights up the country roads around here at night like a nuclear detonation.  Im just waiting for some chump to blind me with their puny main beams so I can repay the favour with knobs on.

• Like 1

bought or third one this year, took quite a while to find a Style + in black, sorry but I really don't like the plastic trim around the wheelarches and sills of the Zetecs, OK when new but look tatty after a few years when the colour fades (especially on a black car) and they all seem to start to come away from the metal on the rear arches,  other two were motabilty cars in 2004 and 2007, not fun, not fast but quite practical with higher access and a boot big enough for what we need, fitted reverse sensors, in the process of making some DRL's, few cosmetic things planned for next year and no reason not to keep it for a while, not the best looking car in the world but much nicer than the B-Max which replaced it.

• Like 1

Aye, the B-Max is a very clever car, but it looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

• Like 1

I  wanted the Style + also for the steel wheels, I have managed to get some centre caps to fit them, which was very difficult as alloy wheel caps no good, so with some paint and some beauty trims.......

• Like 1

I've just completed a top secret mod on my Fusion.  72 watts of slimline LED goodness on the roof hidden in the roof bar pad, and another 48 watts hidden behind the grille.  All slaved to the main beam via a relay, with an over ride kill switch concealed in the cabin.  All very discrete, virtually impossible to spot from inside or out.

Lights up the country roads around here at night like a nuclear detonation.  Im just waiting for some chump to blind me with their puny main beams so I can repay the favour with knobs on.

This is something that really appeals to me! Do you have some pics or a video of them on and off? The roads up here are horrendous so it’s something I would consider doing too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

This is something that really appeals to me! Do you have some pics or a video of them on and off? The roads up here are horrendous so it’s something I would consider doing too

I will sort out a pic over the next day or so.

• Like 1

Just watched the film ‘The Hitmans Bodyguard’ and was surprised to see them belting about in a wee Fusion! They must have wiped out half the existing examples on the road, the damage they sustained during the movie was definitely not compatible with (cars) life ☹️

• Like 1

There's one in Skyfall.  When the Feds arrive after the evil villain tries to kill M at the ministerial meeting, a load of cop cars screech up outside.  Among the V6 turbo Insignias and Discoveries, there's a brave little marked Fusion pulling a handbrake turn.

Now, who can spot the extra lighting?

IMG_20180104_151920.jpg

I've got an 02 Fusion 1 with the 1.4TDCI. I replaced the drivers seat with an ST seat, and I'm getting rid of it when my insurance year is up. The lack of power doesn't bother me at all, but the chronic understeer and the useless brakes bother me quite a lot. Why they insisted on slapping fiesta brakes on a car 200lbs heavier and a good few inches  higher than it is beyond me.

My brakes are OK, though they're new all round with new fluid as well.  It doesn't understeer at all either, and I'm a retired Class 1 police driver so know how to take a corner faster than most.  In over 12 years of ownership I've never made the front end misbehave.

Until recently, Mrs Tull and I owned a Fiesta Zetec S and the Fusion side by side, and there was very actually little difference between either in terms of chassis behaviour.  Indeed, while it doesn't have the cornering verve of a Caterham 7, its steering is decent, and its grippy, stable and predictable, albeit not exactly exciting. Having said all that, I also have 4 brand new premium tyres, so its going to be at its best.

1 hour ago, Jethro_Tull said:

My brakes are OK, though they're new all round with new fluid as well.  It doesn't understeer at all either, and I'm a retired Class 1 police driver so know how to take a corner faster than most.  In over 12 years of ownership I've never made the front end misbehave.

Until recently, Mrs Tull and I owned a Fiesta Zetec S and the Fusion side by side, and there was very actually little difference between either in terms of chassis behaviour.  Indeed, while it doesn't have the cornering verve of a Caterham 7, its steering is decent, and its grippy, stable and predictable, albeit not exactly exciting. Having said all that, I also have 4 brand new premium tyres, so its going to be at its best.

It's probably either my car or my driving then, and since I've seen my Grandad, the only other owner, do the exact same thing(the car fails to hold the inside of any two lane roundabout going more than about 20-30mph) I'm willing to bet it's the car. Then again, it's got cheap 185s on steels which is unlikely to help it much, so I'll maybe get some better ones and see if it is my driving to blame(spoiler: it probably is).

Both my gran and grandad complained about this cars brakes being weak ever since they got it and the cars probably on its 4th set of brakes. They just put up with it though. Although I'm a very new driver I have to agree since the brakes are nowhere near as good as the two cars I learned in(a Kia Ce'ed and a Mini One).

I'm a Grandad too! ;)

The brakes are OK (not spectacular) but its a 16 year old model, in turn based upon a design that was started upon by the turn of the century, so comparing them to modern tin is a little unrealistic.

Mrs Tull has a new Kia Sportage, and the brakes are really servo'd up heavily in the manner or modern cars, but modern cars have chassis stability systems that make that possible.

What trim level is yours to have 185's, if you don't mind me asking?  195/60 15 or 205/55 16 were the sizes supplied with UK models.

I test drove a couple of Fusions before we found the one to buy, a 60 plater, brakes on all of them were the same, first time I drove one I thought the brakes were faulty, found it quite scary at first as I have been driving a 2003 Beetle with considerably sharper braking

12 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

I'm a Grandad too! ;)

The brakes are OK (not spectacular) but its a 16 year old model, in turn based upon a design that was started upon by the turn of the century, so comparing them to modern tin is a little unrealistic.

Mrs Tull has a new Kia Sportage, and the brakes are really servo'd up heavily in the manner or modern cars, but modern cars have chassis stability systems that make that possible.

What trim level is yours to have 185's, if you don't mind me asking?  195/60 15 or 205/55 16 were the sizes supplied with UK models.

It's an 02 fusion 1, iirc the cheapest model going at the time. Its not got any of the optional features, it's got the 4500 radio, steel wheels, the most uncomfortable poverty trim seats known to mankind and has the 1.4TDCI. The 185s were definitely standard though, if I type the reg into tyre calculator it gives me 185/60/15 as the tyre size all round which is what ive got and it's what's in the manual too.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club