Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fusion Owners?

Mikey923

I have a 2005 1.4tdci plus model Adrian, mine does 55mpg, easy enough to repair, service etc. I get approx 400 miles to a tank of fuel.

£250 is a bargain especially with one lady owner and service history.

It will need cambelt, water pump, tensioner / idler doing soon if it hasn't already.

Have you the hidden compartment under the passenger seat , base of seat lifts up to reveal.

I found 2 pairs of headphonesand the remote control in mine - for the dvd player on my cars ceiling.

• 1 month later...

my wife has an 03 fusion 1.4tdci with 150k miles 

• Like 1

We still have ours, really practical, and just had belts, water pump etc done.

Hello. I'm a new Fusion owner. 1.4tdci 53. I love it but it's not without it's issues 🙄

Aren't they all....

Mine is a 2005 1.4tdci, older they get the more problems apppear - bit like me.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2013 at 6:43 PM, Mikey923 said:

Just wondering to myself how many active Fusion owners are on FOC..

We seem to be a rare breed!

It would be great if you could leave a comment if you're a Fusion owner so we could get a rough idea :)

post-45051-138825616866_thumb.jpg

I have a ford fusion TDI  1.6 its only done 53000 +

Barely run in !

Ours is 2010 1.6 Titanium petrol, with about 75k on the clock.  We bought it at three years old with <6k on the clock so have put on most of those miles.  As I have written in earlier posts, a very practical car, like a Tardis !

Fusion.jpg

• Like 1

My dad had one (2012) until last September when it was written off (cat N) by insurance company. 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!!!

Can't remember if I've posted here before

I am the grateful owner of a 1.4 2005 (55 plate) Fusion, who I've named Ray (he was my dad's from new, (but dad had to give his licence up, just before his dementia diagnosis) so instead of him laying redundant in the garage I took him on after my KA had died & as he was dad's I named him after dads middle name.

Since I've had him, he's had a new cat & sensors, new clutch, 5 new tyres, all suspension springs done & last week a new stereo installed & think he now needs a air con fill up (1st one in 15 yrs as far as I know), brakes & possibly a hand brake cable.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:24 PM, fullwavebridge said:

I get approx 400 miles to a tank of fuel.

400 miles to a tank - isn't that around 40mpg? Might be a good idea to run a diesel purge through the system. You'll be surprised how much rubbish it'll remove. 

Hi, new fusion owner, 56 plate, bought 2 weeks ago, 1.6 Style, had a Fiesta before, bought for commuting/skip runs etc.,

and under £1k another  major factor.

Also appears a lot of car for your money, great condition, did look at quite a few online.

On here googling as my OBD reader is displaying P0030 H02Sensor Fault - Heater Control, Circuit bank 1 Sensor 1

Cleared it a couple of times but latest returned after a couple of days / 75 miles, so on site looking for tips, not got my Multimeter out yet though.

Thanks

Richard in Northampton

I believe this is the upper lambda sensor at fault Richard, not had the issue myself but heard about it on the fusion chatter

• 4 months later...

I've got a 03 fusion 2 1.6 petrol, has anyone done a bulbs list? Or is it the same as the 02 fiesta? Although I'm sure number plate lights are festoon not push fit?

We have an '07 Fiesta, and a '10 Fusion.  I think most of the bulbs are the same, apart from the reversing lights.  The '03 Fusion and '02 Fiesta are pre facelift models, so there might be differences of which I am not aware, like orange indicator bulbs.

• 3 weeks later...

I am the proud owner of a 1.6 petrol. I have had it since September and had my licence since late October. Planning to do a few things to it, probably fit the mk7 fiesta wheel to it so I get the multi function along with maybe flock the interior panels and leather seats or something.

• 6 months later...

My wife has a 2008 1.4 Petrol Zetec model which I maintain and often drive. We got it in September 2021 and its been fine since. Had to re-gas the AC but thats about it. Whoever had it before had taken good care of it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm a new member who has just bought a 1.4 TDCi Fusion on a 57 plate. It had a large, black "Fusion Owners Club" sticker on the tailgate, but the dealer saw fit to remove it prior to delivery! I'm about to replace all the engine belts, because at 80,000 miles it's probably still on the originals. There is no indication of any work on them in the service book or on the engine itself. Better safe than sorry.

Hi Jim

If it's the Facebook ford fusion owners club label then i am a member of that one.

Have a look on that group and you may be able to trace previous owners posts, or any work they did on the group.

If you don't do Fbook, i can have a look for you if i have the reg.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fullwavebridge said:

Hi Jim

If it's the Facebook ford fusion owners club label then i am a member of that one.

Have a look on that group and you may be able to trace previous owners posts, or any work they did on the group.

If you don't do Fbook, i can have a look for you if i have the reg.

Hi Trev, I've started changing all the belts today, and the timing belt is not too bad, but not recently fitted by the looks of it. Better safe than sorry. I think one of the injectors is mis-firing, and certainly leaking a bit so that will be my next job. The front bonnet grill came off in my hand this afternoon having been basically glued in position! I think I can fix it back better. Sorry, but I'm not a very "clubable" person, and I avoid Facebook whenever I can, but thank you for your kind offer.  

• Like 1

You could argue the bonnet grille is a design fault - people us it as a handle to lift the bonnet instead of grasping the steel.......

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Vancat said:

Hi Trev, I've started changing all the belts today, and the timing belt is not too bad, but not recently fitted by the looks of it. Better safe than sorry. I think one of the injectors is mis-firing, and certainly leaking a bit so that will be my next job. The front bonnet grill came off in my hand this afternoon having been basically glued in position! I think I can fix it back better. Sorry, but I'm not a very "clubable" person, and I avoid Facebook whenever I can, but thank you for your kind offer.  

Hi jim.

No problem.

Just did my injector seals etc and glowplugs.

Bit of a messy horrible job.

Just a matter of time till my grill drops off tbh.