Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fusion Owners?

Mikey923

Hey folks, I've become the owner of a 2006 Fusion 1. It's basic but does the job, manual windows and a tape player!

Maybe I'll get some modifications done, but not to the level of @Jethro_Tull

• Like 1

I've got 1 too, 55 plate 1.4 petrol, used to be my dads, but had to give up his licence, & I needed a car to get to interviews 20+ miles away as my beloved Ka was off the road, then 1 of the suspension coils broke & couldn't afford to get it to a garage.

So far so good. gone through 2 MOTs without any problems, & now essential as mum is in hospital, & I'm now dad's carer, boot always in use as has a wheelchair permanently in there!! LOL

Only wish I hadn't decided to change the battery the other day!!! (but that's a story on another topic on here)

• 3 months later...

I've just joined and own a 1.6 Fusion+ automatic.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2013 at 6:43 PM, Mikey923 said:

Just wondering to myself how many active Fusion owners are on FOC..

We seem to be a rare breed!

It would be great if you could leave a comment if you're a Fusion owner so we could get a rough idea 🙂

post-45051-138825616866_thumb.jpg

I am on my 3rd a 57 plate tdci

I am an owner of a 2005 (55 plate) Fusion.  Used to be my dads, until he had to give up his licence.  I did have a dead Ka, which I loved, but beggars can't be choosers so ended up with the Fusion, as it actually moved & did things cars are supposed to do !  LOL

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've just picked up a 2005 Fusion 2 1.6 petrol as a second/winter car for when my Cooper S goes into storage.

Really impressed with it so far, drives superb. 

😁

Just got a 2008 Ford Fusion 2.

76k miles on the clock, great car for driving on country roads, bought the haynes workshop manual, intend on looking after her best I can.

• 2 weeks later...

new owner of a 2009 style +  34thou on the clock, cam belt done 3 months ago.

really like it so far.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello I just got my 2007 Fusion. I'm in Ireland. 

Ford fusion 3,  1.6, 2007

• 6 months later...

Hello all just brought a 2007 1.4 tdi zetec climate and will start by changing the wheels , then the radio then loads of other stuff so stand by for loads of questions .First one being what is the best size of tyre/wheel to fit to the fusion?

My little 1.6 petrol Fusion has just passed its MOT with no issues. I did replace all four tyres and 2 Wheelbearings as well as a Lambda sensor before presenting it for its test though.

All in all another year on the road for a little over a couple of hundred quid is ok in my book.

We have a late 1.6 petrol, and have done 56k@42mpg in the 5 years that we have had it. On it's second set of tyres (Hankook) after the first set did over 35k, and we have had a rear wheel bearing.  Very under rated car, with a lot of space inside for its size, we call it the "Tardis".  Bought specifically to replace a '56 plate Fiesta for the wheelchair and frame for the in-laws, the seat is the right height for the elderly, and my wife can get the wheel chair in and out of the boot as there is no lip to get it over - easier than in a '08 Focus.  Stowage under the passenger seat, stowage in the dashboard, and that little pocket in the driver's seat.

I would change one thing - the handle for the boot is low down, should have been the same height as the Fiesta's, but a minor niggle

• 1 month later...

Hi. I Have a 2007 1.4 style which has just passed its 2nd mot while in my care with zero faults or advisories... Absolutely love these little cars, never let me down and always purred like a kitten. 

Hi all this is my first post as I just bought a fusion 1.6 titanium yesterday ink blue with only 16500 Mile's on it....mint. I bought it as a second car for taking the dogs out and using it as a work horse but I love it big and practical. Would love to have bluetooth on radio but managed to get aftermarket adapter in power socket to connect and play music through it. Only one slight niggle the drivers side door wont open sometimes when key is pressed but will with key inserted? Any ideas much appreciated Mike.

I'd be tempted to change the battery in the key before I did anything else...

Hi Paulkp, I did think that but it happens with both keys and all the other doors open ok just intermittently on the drivers door so looks like it's an acuator fault. Also I'm not sure if it's just me but the engine sounds a bit tapety and loud is this a common sound on them or should I be worried....as stated it's on a 2011 plate with 16.500 miles on it.....and midnight sky colour not ink blue as told by a Ford dealers lol.

If that is on both keys, then it looks like actuator - other possibility may be the connection from the electronics.  At 8 years old with only 16k on the clock it might just be lazy!

Is this a petrol ?  We have the 1.6 petrol in the Fiesta and the Fusion - and I think they rattle a little, but it might just need an oil change.  What sort of service history does it have -  the pollen filter in the Fiesta was celebrating it's sixth birthday when I bought the car, despite a lot of paperwork!

Ours is Vision blue, on a '60 plate, and is due belts etc next year, and now with 63k on the clock

• 10 months later...

Picked up a 2008 fusion plus 1.4 automatic last September after passing my test, great car with just a few minor issues mainly bulb replacement and water getting in rear light assembly, oh and parking sensors and lane sensor stopped working too. However the car is nice and comfortable to drive, fits family of five, plenty of boot space and is a real Trojan I’d definitely get another ,however hoping this will do me for a significant time yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Very under rated car imo.

we have a 1.4 tdci manual, just the wear and tear things occurred so far.

Only used as a back up car as we live in a rural isolated area.

Brilliant on fuel and £30 road tax.... 🤣

• 6 months later...

I have had my 1.4 09 for the last 5 years and it has never let me down. Done 95k so fitted new timing belt, battery , eats front springs if you have a lot of road humps just fitted a third, 

anybody know how to edit car model on the profile page?

On 10/30/2020 at 11:41 AM, oldkodger said:

anybody know how to edit car model on the profile page?

1) click on your forum name

2) click on profile

3) click on edit profile

4) go down to car details & change them 

5) click save  

Job done! 

• 4 months later...

My wife has had a 2003 fusion 1.4 tdci since 2013 

and it's still going strong,i just changed front springs (off-side broke while pulling away from home luckily)

i decided to replace both and shock absorbers too

Hi all bought a 05 reg 1.4 TDCI 94000 miles with 1 previous lady owner the most history I've seen for a long time and half tank of diesel ! £250 absolutely marvelous . Only done 900 miles last year .

IMG_20210304_112134.jpg