Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new Ka...some problems. Can you help?

leamingtonspaceman

Picked up my new Ka 1.3 Zetec TDCI on Friday. I have a couple of problems though:

1. When changing up and depressing the clutch, there is a noticeable 'gravelly' sound. This is caused by depressing the clutch pedal and happens if you depress it with or without changing gear. The noise is more pronounced from 1st to 2nd, less so from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th...and then virtually non-existent from 4th to 5th. When changing down it isn't there at all.

I took it back to the dealership today and they took me out in a 1.3 petrol...no noise. They don't have another diesel in right now so can't compare.

When I first got it Friday I was trying to get it into reverse and crunched the gears just the once but surely this can't have caused any damage?

2. The petrol indicator went from full to half full. Then when I got back in the car and started it, it was indicating almost full again?

Can anyone help with these two issues?

Thanks ;)

I've only just bought a Ka my self. Cant help you with the clutch problem.

However with the petrol I've noticed mine does that too. I s'pose it depends on where you are with it. When I drive, it has the correct amount but when I park it up or go over a hill it changes and shows me it's going down. I wouldnt worry about that, i've heard that happen on a lot of cars.

Picked up my new Ka 1.3 Zetec TDCI on Friday. I have a couple of problems though:

1. When changing up and depressing the clutch, there is a noticeable 'gravelly' sound. This is caused by depressing the clutch pedal and happens if you depress it with or without changing gear. The noise is more pronounced from 1st to 2nd, less so from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th...and then virtually non-existent from 4th to 5th. When changing down it isn't there at all.

I took it back to the dealership today and they took me out in a 1.3 petrol...no noise. They don't have another diesel in right now so can't compare.

When I first got it Friday I was trying to get it into reverse and crunched the gears just the once but surely this can't have caused any damage?

2. The petrol indicator went from full to half full. Then when I got back in the car and started it, it was indicating almost full again?

Can anyone help with these two issues?

Thanks ;)

Presumably we're talking the new shape Ka here cos AFAIK there was never a diesel version of the Mk1. If so its a brand new design etc so theres going to be some teething problems. Ask most of the new fiesta owners on here, most have had issues inc the grating when getting into reverse. Ford will sort them out hopefully for you.

Presumably we're talking the new shape Ka here cos AFAIK there was never a diesel version of the Mk1. If so its a brand new design etc so theres going to be some teething problems. Ask most of the new fiesta owners on here, most have had issues inc the grating when getting into reverse. Ford will sort them out hopefully for you.

Yes, the new shape.

When I said about getting into reverse, I meant that I crunched the gears by accident. The guy at the dealership was going through the controls with me with the engine running. He told me that reverse was selectable by pulling up a collar on the gear lever. I tried this and put it into reverse, but forgot to disengage the clutch...doh. So I was wondering if doing that had damaged the clutch/gears and that maybe that was causing the 'gravelly' sound I get on changing up through the gears? Doesn't happen when changing down though.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

• 2 months later...

i hope i dont have this problem when i eventually pick up my ka although i did test drive one at the garage which had a few thousand miles on the clock and was a pleasure to drive no funny sounds or noises but saying that i havent bought a diesel i have bought a 1.2 petrol but who knows hope you get this sorted out!!!

Hi,

Did you have any luck with resolving the clutch issue while changing up through the gears? I have just purchased the same car and have the same issue and have been told that Ford can do nothing about it as they dont understand what is causing the issue.

It would appear that this is a common fault with the diesel so it would be good to hear if you have made any progress

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club