Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Conditioning Not Working - Pump Issue ?

kazacat

Hi Guys...

Hopefully someone will have a few ideas and fixes for this little "issue...."

My KA has optional A/C fitted.... system is fully charged and WAS working last time it was warm.... Just tried to use it this afternoon and found that even though switch on the dash illuminates ON and OFF ok, the clutch on the A/C pump doesn't throw in or out... result is that although the system is charged, and the pump spins..... it doesn't engage the clutch (i assume thats the case...) and the A/C doesn't work.

Fuse no. 17 on the dash panel is OK and no odvious issues with the wiring is evident.....

Anyone got any ideas / hints or has anyone else had the same problem ??

Thanks in advance of any help you can give me.....

Kazacat

• 1 month later...

Fuse no. 17 on the dash panel is OK and no odvious issues with the wiring is evident.....

Anyone got any ideas / hints or has anyone else had the same problem ??

Thanks in advance of any help you can give me.....

Kazacat

I'd get a multimeter (or even a simple bulb or buzzer) onto the terminal for the clutch - check if power is getting to it. If it IS, then I'd suspect the clutch as being buggered.

Chris...

Have you checked the relay?

I'm having a similar problem with my Fusion at the moment.

How do you know that the system is fully charged?

In my investigations so far it seems that if the pressure is low then the system shuts down the feed to the mag clutch, to prevent damage. If your system is fully charged then perhaps the pressure sensor is faulty.

As the Haynes book of knowledge for the Fiesta (Fusion) does not appear to have much on A/C, are there any on line diagrams for this system?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club