Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powertrain Light On

Moz6689

Hi I have a 2009 ford fiesta on a 58 plate. The power train light has come on this evening. The first time it happened I didn't notice an issue, parked the car turned it off. When I came back and started it again the warning light had gone but I noticed when revving upto 3/4000 this causes the power train light to come on, once it's on if I go anywhere near 3000 revs the car cuts out immediately. Any idea on what the issue could be & aprox cost of repair?

Could be anything as small as a fuel filter is letting air in, to the ECU having a meltdown, I dont suppose you have any error codes do you?

No plugged in 3 different code readers now and all of them say no error codes. I assume this is because the ecu light isn't actually on, but how do I then go about finding out what is wrong?

Today it has cut out 5 times after that light comes on and feels very sluggish even when it is not on. When it cuts out and I accelerate it feels like I am pushing the brakes (literally feels like jump starting a car.)

Iv seen somewhere someone mention that this could be the electronic throttle body sensor, that kind of makes sense to me in my head but I'm not a mechanic and don't have lot of knowledge mechanically

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club