Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Layout?

martyntdci

underneath my stereo (satnav version) you have places where for buttons go, 2 of those are blanked off, the other two are heated screen and rear screen and on either end i have the heated seat temp adjusters.

My question is the 2 that are blanked off what are they for, as i prized them out earlier and i have the wires there but are attached to the blanking caps but no switches......

• Like 1

One is for optional traction control and the other is for an optional passenger airbag deactivation indication light.

On the Coupe one can be for the roof and on a car with a sunroof for the sunroof switch.

• Like 1

so in theory clive, if i went to ford bought the switches, and they were fitted would they have to be activated by ford? or would they work with the wiring being there already?

much appreciated for your imput dude ;)

• Like 1

Wouldnt you need to fit the sensors for traction control to work?

Stoney,does my model come with standard abs?Ive breaked heavy a few times and the wheels have locked and car stepped out,had to catch it lol

• Like 1

so in theory clive, if i went to ford bought the switches, and they were fitted would they have to be activated by ford? or would they work with the wiring being there already?

much appreciated for your imput dude ;)

According to post #19 here... http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/35361-guide-to-fit-ford-focus-esp-button/page-2

your car is unlikely to be wired for the switch.

Traction control I believe takes data from the ABS sensors on the hubs, would definitely be a Ford programming job.

Airbag deactivator requires a switch in the glovebox and the deactivation warning light, again needs programming at Ford.

As to what spec and above ABS is fitted on I can't say for sure.

I have it on my 07 sport, enter your reg or vin on the Ford Etis site and it should say what spec your car has.

The blank to the left is for the airbag deactivation light , switch would need to go in the glove box , and activated via ford.

The blank to the right is for the ESP manual switch (ST) , this wiring runs to the C111 connector in passenger footwell , after that it stop's , as you would need the wiring loom for the ST from there to under the bonnet.

You can buy the switch and follow my guide here

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/35361-guide-to-fit-ford-focus-esp-button/#entry199686/

this is a great little mod and i used it loads in the winter months , and saves going through the dash menu turning it Off.

• Like 1