Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Steering Problem

shwam

I have a 2006 (used) fiesta style. About 2 weeks ago my power steering suddenly started making a loud noise at low speeds and vibrating the wheel a bit. Was told to check level of fluid and was way below min, however after topping up realised the problem was back a few days later. Seems I have some sort of leak as drops after I top up, and fluid spill found in puddle on drive. Anyone know if this is a bigger problem, or what could be wrong? Also roughly how much to fix, as I'm currently just running it off constantly topping up fluid levels.... Also is this unsafe to be driving in any way? Thanks

It's not so much unsafe as I can imagine you are constantly waiting for it to go, you will have to find the leak before you will know the cost, it could be leaking from any point of the system, I would look from above the engine as you can see the sides of the steering rack also follow the pipes as far as possible, otherwise you will need your local garage as it will need to be lifted on a ramp or put over a pit, it should be easy enough to locate if it's leaving a puddle.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

It appears to be a problem with the pump - not a leak as such in the main system :-(

Taking it to garage soon but any ideas on cost for a new pump (and installation)?

Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-Duratec-Steering-Fiesta-Fusion/dp/B004DIC8CI

There is the price of a new genuine pump, and I would say all in somewhere between 250-350 depending on labour rates and how much of a pain in the rear it becomes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-Duratec-Steering-Fiesta-Fusion/dp/B004DIC8CI

There is the price of a new genuine pump, and I would say all in somewhere between 250-350 depending on labour rates and how much of a pain in the rear it becomes.

Nightmare. Took to garage and they reckon the steering rack needs replacing, they've quoted me £500ish for the part, labour and VAT but wondering whether I'm being ripped off or not? May take it somewhere else to confirm this is the actual problem.... any ideas?

Cheers

It maybe the case, I would try and get a look at it yourself perhaps it's leaking down there aswell.

Sent from my LT30p using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club