Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Best Modification You Done In 2013

Lenny

Well since tonite is the end of 2013, and its been the busiest year to date on the forum in terms of people modifying there fords.

Id like to hear from those people; in your own opinion what's the Best single modification or enhancement that you have done to your ford in 2013 and why

I look forward to reading your responses.

I'll go first :lol:

The best mod I've done to my ford focus in 2013 was blanking the egr

Its fantastic value for money, has saved me 0.3MPG on fuel aswell as prevented the induction system from further contamination.

I have a combination, I think the EGR blanking was a very good change, but I think I put it on par with my LED bulb replacement. The EGR has given a bit more OOMPH to the car, and the LED's are a great visual improvement.

If you want just one though, I think the EGR blank (much as I cursed the installation) probably is the top one!

• Like 1

Replacing the Speakers for something decent in The Van. Ye gods, the stock set were [iNSERT EXPLETIVE HERE] to say the least...

Now, it's a van, so I'm not expecting the highest fidelity, but at least now, it doesn't have a farty bottom end.

...and neither does it's owner, ahthankyewverymuCHA!!!

:-D

• Like 1

Mine too was the audio upgrade, all 4 Speakers and a subwoofer installation, took we a while as none of the holes were in the right place to secure the Speakers, but I got there in the end. Well pleased with it.

Having said that I haven't done many mods yet, got a couple planned for next year already :)

• Like 1

Mine has to be the decals I've added, Gives it that Ford Pride to it. :)

Long Live Henry Ford sunstrip. B)

• Like 1

tbh mines was like most the egr block off, but today i installed a sub to the oem headunit and well please as i dint use any rca's, but it was a moo as the stereo has a permanant live so i had to figure out how to turn the sub on/off with no remote wire. but its done now

• Like 1

tbh mines was like most the egr block off, but today i installed a sub to the oem headunit and well please as i dint use any rca's, but it was a moo as the stereo has a permanant live so i had to figure out how to turn the sub on/off with no remote wire. but its done now

Splice the sub remote sensor feed to the large red wire at the rear of your heater control unit mate,

Its an ignition positive,

That's what I use for my st pod gauges.

but then lenny, how would you get bass coming out with no rca from the h/u? i have prolly done it in a way no one has then... no wonder it took me 1.5 hrs to figure out lmao

• Like 1

but then lenny, how would you get bass coming out with no rca from the h/u? i have prolly done it in a way no one has then... no wonder it took me 1.5 hrs to figure out lmao

The amp for your sub has an ignition live sensor feed generally a blue cable,

It connects to an ignition live feed, when it sences power in it,

The amp becomes live and begins to draw power from the battery; for the duration power is felt in the sensor feed.

Nothing to do with the audio part but still very important to prevent battery being constantly drawn from when the car is parked.

ive done it a cow boy way then......live direct from batt to amp, no remote wire, 6mm tex bolt into rear seat fixture, i then removed the stereo spliced into the rear speaker wires, added a 10a in line fuse also a dpsw and then threaded these to my high input on the amp. works a treat as the stereo has constant power feed.....

• Like 1

ive done it a cow boy way then......live direct from batt to amp, no remote wire, 6mm tex bolt into rear seat fixture, i then removed the stereo spliced into the rear speaker wires, added a 10a in line fuse also a dpsw and then threaded these to my high input on the amp. works a treat as the stereo has constant power feed.....

I've followed all of that mate you done 100%

But I don't understand the bit " added a 10a in line fuse also a dpsw and then threaded these to my high input on the amp"

Two favourites,-

Gen3 radio installation and RS dash trim/console transplant.

• Like 1

because the oem doesnt have rca connectors for my sub, and i refuse to purchase a piggy back one from china so i wired it up differently. i spliced into the head unit speaker cable for my rear right side, on the live feed i put the fuse then this went into the dpsw anlong with the earth.... comping out of the dpsw i had more speaker cable which then i ran to my (mono) amp and this went into the high feed. i can now listen to the stereo with out sub, flick the dpsw then it comes on...... the louder i want it the more fader i put to the rear.................

• Like 1

Two favourites,-

Gen3 radio installation and RS dash trim/console transplant.

??? lol

because the oem doesnt have rca connectors for my sub, and i refuse to purchase a piggy back one from china so i wired it up differently. i spliced into the head unit speaker cable for my rear right side, on the live feed i put the fuse then this went into the dpsw anlong with the earth.... comping out of the dpsw i had more speaker cable which then i ran to my (mono) amp and this went into the high feed. i can now listen to the stereo with out sub, flick the dpsw then it comes on...... the louder i want it the more fader i put to the rear.................

Ah I'm with you now mate, nicely done and you have control of the power flowing to the amp via the dpsw instead of a power sensor feed on the amp.

• Like 1

??? lol

Got rid of the MK2 radio, fitted the MP3 radio from a MK2 5.

Radio trim, demister panel, garage door and 2.5 centre console with the RS carbon print.

Also a Ford USB system for music from a memory stick.

Much more refined.

• Like 2

My best Mod in 2013 for me was my Torque Pro Android boost pod , give's me so much information and also looks fantastic :)

20130615_171156.jpg

20130615_172431.jpg

• Like 4

Not really done too much yet, most of my stuff is sat in the garage. Sent my turbo off last week to be tweaked though for the ST :P

• Like 1

Mine has to be all, as all were done in 2013 , car was purchased in March 2013.

But to narrow down I wanted this the most ,somehow anyhow, at all cost was powerfold mirrors. I wanted it so badly ,it was a result & picked up at a bargain.

1.ST alloys (transfered the looks)

2. St spoiler.

3.DRLs

4.St rear led tail lights.

post-39671-138852324533_thumb.jpgpost-39671-138852333108_thumb.jpgpost-39671-138852337604_thumb.jpgpost-39671-138852348739_thumb.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

post-39671-13885234514_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I can't make my mind up which is the best modification on my Ford - the custom Superchips remap probably makes the biggest difference to the car but i like some of the other, more unique/original mods or things that worked well but cost next to nothing

• Like 1

Got to be my towbar the caravan would be stuck on the drive otherwise that or the parking sensors

Happy New Year

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club