Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Gs8000L Dashcam Review

jeebowhite

Just watched your day time video, i was urging you to put your wipers on more then watching the quality of the video lol

lol, cheers Byron :p I have started to put them on a bit more quickly :p

James, thats probably where I moved the files, I will look to reconnect them later!

• 1 month later...

Hi James, just been reading about info about your dash cam, I brought one from China £15.99 including postage, very cheap, But I got it in my truck & it works really well, adjustable over write time,HD, turns on when trucks ignition starts & off when turn off so save power, doesn't drain battery over night, just a small question how do I upload any pictures I take to add to a post I put on, thanks Brian.

Glad to hear that you found it useful and enjoy the benefits of it.

You can upload footage to your computer and upload it to YouTube, or take stills using Windows media player and a print screen

:-)

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Is the first video junction 3? I see some dash cams on eBay with a sale (apparently) yesterday at £15 down from £45.i bought a dash cam year or two ago and it was beyond crap,quality of an 80s handheld

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

They are so cheap these days, and worth every penny, although mines not on an approved insurers list, it just verified my innocence in my recent crash!

They are so cheap these days, and worth every penny, although mines not on an approved insurers list, it just verified my innocence in my recent crash!

Weren't you driving that mobile Crain down the m20 was it!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Haha I use that road daily but never in possession of a crane

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Iam gonna get me one of those,

Is there an option of a rear camera as well

Jamie

Hi Jamie, nope this one is single direction only, you would need two of these pointing forwards and rearwards separately

Some further feedback on my camear! I recently realised why its not seemingly recording often, and the issue appears to be that the memory card is full! it would appear that unless you use motion detection, or loop recording, this particular camera doesnt allow me to just keep recording day after day on the firmware I have. I need to go looking for a new firmware, which might allow me to do that!It

s not a big issue, but I am sure it used to do it, so I am confused, but its certainly not the dealbreaker.

Some further feedback on my camear! I recently realised why its not seemingly recording often, and the issue appears to be that the memory card is full! it would appear that unless you use motion detection, or loop recording, this particular camera doesnt allow me to just keep recording day after day on the firmware I have. I need to go looking for a new firmware, which might allow me to do that!It

s not a big issue, but I am sure it used to do it, so I am confused, but its certainly not the dealbreaker.

Loop recording needs to be turned on to continue recording once memory card is full. Another thing that might be the cause is the time/date change.

There is one file on my dashcam that is really old that the camera does not delete it, I think that is because the camera does not recognise it, there is a list of created files and on that list the oldest is deleted but what if the date or time has been changed? Is it not possible some of those files may no longer be on list? Since a new record may begin from that date or time excluding files already on the cam hence filling up the card, it seems like a reasonable cause for my mobius

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Loop recording needs to be turned on to continue recording once memory card is full. Another thing that might be the cause is the time/date change.

There is one file on my dashcam that is really old that the camera does not delete it, I think that is because the camera does not recognise it, there is a list of created files and on that list the oldest is deleted but what if the date or time has been changed? Is it not possible some of those files may no longer be on list? Since a new record may begin from that date or time excluding files already on the cam hence filling up the card, it seems like a reasonable cause for my mobius

That one file may be not getting overwritten because you might of pressed the mode button on your Mobius while it was filming.

Pressing mode button keeps the current file, call it a SOS button say for example something happened at that moment and you wanted to keep the footage.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, I will have to check the settings over and see what happens.

• Like 1

That one file may be not getting overwritten because you might of pressed the mode button on your Mobius while it was filming.

Pressing mode button keeps the current file, call it a SOS button say for example something happened at that moment and you wanted to keep the footage.

This makes sense. It has been so long ago I don't even remember, I will give this a test

• Like 1

This makes sense. It has been so long ago I don't even remember, I will give this a test

I think you may have to reformat card to remove

Indeed I do that would be the best solution as these disk formats tends to become corrupt after a while

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that Loop recording has resolved my issue, as I have been sat with about 200mb of space for the last 15 recording hours lol! back to a happy chappy!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

where can get a camera for £27 in the north east

If I'm not mistaken the #16 cam is £20?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

You don't often find them in shops, eBay is your friend but the 16 can be bought from alibaba for 25 imported and the gs8000l can be bought from eBay UK for 24

Closely matched price

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

just depends how quick you want it I guess!

They are never the less great pieces of kit!

• 1 month later...

Do you find getting the memory card out of the camera is a pig of a job?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club