Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tyres

mpb

I'd insist on retaining the TPMS valves assuming they are still in good condition, as they are expensive.

Standard valves are changed in the normal course of tyre change - but these aren't off-the-shelf inexpensive ones - which is why there are OEM valve service/repair kits to renew the TPMS valves. These valves come with non user replaceable sealed batteries that last 3 to 4 years, even up to 5 from what I've heard.

Yeah I think your right, I'll ask him to keep them and if they say they won't ill cancel the order.

If TPMS valves are replaced with standard valves, the system will simply come up with a message 'Tyre Pressures not detected'. If the alert comes up a couple of times, and is ignored, the alert is then stored in 'Messages', so shouldn't bother you further.

Alternatively, the TPMS system can also be disabled using ELMConfig.

Thank you for that.

I have it booked in on monday at the dealers in the hope that there will be no issues with the TPMS valves

Watch this space

When we bought our s max 2years ago the garage fitted accelera alpha tyres to get it through the MOT. I seriously urge anyone not to fit these tyres to the front of the s max. In the dry they are fine but are lethal on wet roads. It will seriously comprise the cars handling. I changed them to michelin and the difference was immediately noticeable.

Budget tyres may be cheaper and the car my only be used around town but I speak from experience on this. You will regret it.

Thanks for the info. Just an update got Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39 fitted. The garage kept the tpms vales and it still works great without the runflats.

Nice tyres and not to bad a price from black circles.

...The garage kept the tpms vales and it still works great without the runflats.

There you go! ;-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club