D13 HPD 95

On my fiesta when i clean it im using the following

hose down with water / power washer

tutrle wax and clean shampoo

power washed off

shammy buffed

then Chemical guys clear sealer and hybrid V7 spray

it comes out nice and glossy

but what do you guys use and the process to do it? id like a better finish and one that stays clean for a while?

also whats snow foam?

snow foam is like a pre wash - it softens up dirt and in some cases pulls it off the car and traps it in the foam. you then wash it off before touching the car. so theres much less chance of swirls in the paint from rubbing dirt around with a sponge/mitt

I snow foam and leave it for 5-10mins then wash it off.

then bucket wash - usually with autoglym or meguars shampoo

blast it down

then normally use some spray wax like AG aqua wax while drying it

but every few months i'll give it a full on polish and wax - but when done properly it lasts so you don't always need to sprays after washes either

I go between autoglym and meguares polish too (my mate is a dealer so gets those brands at a good price)

but I use collinite 915 wax - it lasts longer than waxes 5x more expensive :)

sounds good, might get some and try it, cheers.

i cleaned mine today, just wash, shampoo wash off and buff dry it looks good but doesn't have a shine to it and cab with wax n that today ts too cold plus its have body work done tomorrow so will clean it nicely next weekend :)

the cold doesn't just make it an uncomfortable job - it can make it a total waste of time when its too cold for the wax to cure on. i would just use a liquid sealant/spray on till winters over :)

Thanks for the help :) will need to order some more spray then :D

Check out

www.cubecarcleaning.co.uk

That's my mate who sells it - it hammers Halfords, even on 3 for 2!

And use code 'CCC15' for a bit more discount :)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers aldoo will have to have a look after work tonight ;) thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Right 1st thing 1st, Get rid of the leather shammy and get a micro fibre drying towel.

2nd get yourself onto detailing world and have a look round.

3rd new routine, follow this and you'll see a massive improvement -

1st - pre rinse, even if this is just with a hose as it shifts dust and grit particles that scratch the paint.

2nd - Make sure you use a good shampoo, something like Zymol autowash (about 7 quid from halfords) it smells like coconut but its also very lubricating so will lift and trap dirt in the shampoo itself, meaning less scratches.

3rd - Get yourself a decent wash mitt, (again dirt cheap from Halfords, asda or even b&q), sponges just scrape dirt everywhere scratching your paint, mitts lift it into the material and away from your paint.

4th - This is where the drying towel comes in, a nice soft drying towel will soak up much more water than a leather shammy and is also again gentler on your paint.

5th - a decent polish, now for something like your car I'm going to say Autoglym super resin polish, this stuff works wonders, Just apply with a sponge applicator pad wait till it hazes up and buff off with a microfiber cloth.

6th - If you want to wax it then I would say as above go with collinite wax, the stuff lasts for ages, is easy to apply, looks good and beads like a dream.

All of the above gear can be brought very cheaply and reliably from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk or do a google search for waxamomo.

But 1st up get yourself over to www.detailingworld.co.uk and have a look around, theres plenty of advice and friendly people over there.

If you need any more help feel free to ask me :)

Em

Top advice :)

Are you on detailing world? Iv been reading for a while but not actually signed up yet - I'll pop on to check a review or something and end up wasting the night!!

..almost bought myself a leaf blower to dry last time i was on!! Haha

High Aldoo,

I am indeed on detailing world my usernames zetecemma.

I've spent a small fortune through that website haha!!

Iv spent ages researching the never ending noob topic of 'best snowfoam' haha

Im wanting to try some Mr Pink next - but im just repairing a new pressure washer as a project atm which i think will make a big diff over my karcher :)

Have you used magifoam?

The stuff is really good, it shifted 2 months of winter crud from my focus and made washing so much easier

Right 1st thing 1st, Get rid of the leather shammy and get a micro fibre drying towel.

2nd get yourself onto detailing world and have a look round.

3rd new routine, follow this and you'll see a massive improvement - 

1st - pre rinse, even if this is just with a hose as it shifts dust and grit particles that scratch the paint.

2nd - Make sure you use a good shampoo, something like Zymol autowash (about 7 quid from halfords) it smells like coconut but its also very lubricating so will lift and trap dirt in the shampoo itself, meaning less scratches.

3rd - Get yourself a decent wash mitt, (again dirt cheap from halfords, asda or even b&q), sponges just scrape dirt everywhere scratching your paint, mitts lift it into the material and away from your paint.

4th - This is where the drying towel comes in, a nice soft drying towel will soak up much more water than a leather shammy and is also again gentler on your paint.

5th - a decent polish, now for something like your car I'm going to say Autoglym super resin polish, this stuff works wonders, Just apply with a sponge applicator pad wait till it hazes up and buff off with a microfiber cloth.

6th - If you want to wax it then I would say as above go with collinite wax, the stuff lasts for ages, is easy to apply, looks good and beads like a dream.

All of the above gear can be brought very cheaply and reliably from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk or do a google search for waxamomo.

But 1st up get yourself over to www.detailingworld.co.uk and have a look around, theres plenty of advice and friendly people over there.

If you need any more help feel free to ask me :)

Em

Cheers em thanks for the help :) dont suppose you could link me could wash mits and towels please as im stuck on what to look for :/ and good shampoo too ? I have wax and sealant use chemical guys which is amazing but need better shampoo

High Aldoo,I am indeed on detailing world my usernames zetecemma.I've spent a small fortune through that website haha!!

Oh god I've got a shed full of stuff I've bought courtesy of DW lol

• Like 1

I prefer MF mits to the lambs wool - i actually got the ones off eBay where you can get cloths for about 50p each and get a free mit with every 10! Haha

But each to their own obviously :)

I have 2 of those drying towels too. 1 for windows and one for paint - just in case i get any sort if wax on the towel i dont want it on ny windows.

There's thousands of everything though, just play around mate :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You can get m/f towels really cheap from asda their usually six A4 sized towels for 3quid or one big towel for the same price, they also sell good mitts. I got my wheel brushes from there at two pound each.

Plus the towels are all different colours so it makes it easy to designate them to certain tasks (drying, buffing etc)

Andy

• 1 month later...

High Aldoo,

I am indeed on detailing world my usernames zetecemma.

I've spent a small fortune through that website haha!!

Same here - I've tried so many wheel cleaners, polishes, glazes, waxes, sealants and quick detailing sprays since joining DW :rolleyes:

Bought a snow foam lance for my pressure washer & a Gilmour Foamaster to use on the hosepipe, have tried various snow foams and am currently using Chemical Guys No Touch

Bought Chemical Guys buckets and grit guards so I can wash using the two bucket method

I use Dooka wash mits as they seem to hold half a gallon of water :)

Lots of drying towels, micro fibre cloths, german applicator pads and various other foam and micro fibre applicators

I even bought a rotary polisher and pads a couple of years ago and machine polished my old Octavia estate

Numerous different brushes of all shapes and sizes and lots of different interior cleaners/dressings - the best all round, multi-purpose cleaner I have come across is Meguiars all purpose cleaner

Gtechniq products have cost me the most I think! :whistling:

I think the decontamination stage is the most important - I usually use Iron X to remove the fallout and Tardis to remove the tar spots - have clayed cars in the past but have now moved to a decon block

Not a cheap hobby but very enjoyable B)

• Like 1

Once you get into car detailing it will drain your wallet. I'm a big fan of Meguiars products but have loads of stuff I've tried and wasn't impressed with. If you really want to improve the paintwork try claying the car in between washing and polishing. You can find videos on YouTube showing you how to do it. My normal procedure is snow foam, clean off with pressure washer, wash with Meguirars shampoo & microfibre mitt, rinse, dry off with huge micro fibre towel, clay, rinse, dry, polish using a dual action polisher, wax, clean trim and finally clean the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

i think gtechniq will be my next big spend! the rain repellent (G1 i think it is?) and the fabric sealant looks magic! lol

need something to seal brake calipers though ..hmm.. :unsure:

i think gtechniq will be my next big spend! the rain repellent (G1 i think it is?) and the fabric sealant looks magic! lol

need something to seal brake calipers though ..hmm.. :unsure:

Yes G1 sealant but polish with G4 first for glass

Can't go wrong with FinishKare 1000p high temperature sealant for wheels and calipers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one! i hadnt spotted that one before! cheers bud

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much follow Emma's step by step approach, which isn't surprising because I'm lurking over at DW a lot too.

If you're in a rush and you've got a proper snow foam lance, the Demon snow foam Shampoo can do the pre-wash and wash in one go. Spray on the foam, wait a few minutes, then use a wash mitt to wash the car properly with the remaining snow foam. The Demon Foam can be used as shampoo in a bucket anyway so works out alright.

In terms of what I use....

Buckets - £1 from pretty much anywhere

Pressure Washer - Nilfisk Centennial

Wash Mitt - Noodle from Asda, £2

Demon Foam Snow Foam Shampoo

Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo

Autoglym Resin Polish

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

OR

Meguires Carnuba Wax (basically a polish - liquid form)

Tyres/Wheels

Meguires Endurance Tyre Dressing

Wonder Wheels with the brush

Demon Shine is a good cheap quick detailer

Drying Towl - £2 Asda one.

oh and glass - Autoglym Glass Polish is amazing stuff but don't put too much on!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club