Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headunit Removal Keys & Sub Install

Invisible Man

Hi Guys,

I'm due to get the Focus back from the accident repair guys this coming Monday.

First thing I shall be doing is installing my amp & sub. I have the Comms pack in the car and it has a Sat Nav (not touch screen) built in.

I need to order some keys to get the HU out, but haven't a clue which type of key I need to buy. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what the model of the HU is, just that its a 2010 Zetec with Comms Pack?

Next thing is, I need to install the amp and sub. Are there any recommended entry points in the bulk head. I've read that there is a gromit behind the glove box, but are there any other points that will be better suited.

I will also be installing a dual switch for the sub (Mrs moans about it) and for a dashboard camera. Are there any good earthing points around the dash for me to earth the switch too?

Cheers

Gary

have you tried eBay for the removal tools some units require 4 flat keys and the units can be a real pig to take out

Post up a picture of the radio and we'll be better able to suss it for you.

This is why i was confused.

I saw some keys that looked like a metal rod bent into a 'U' shape, and others that looked like small knifes with hooks attached to them?

Think I'll might end up buying both types

Post up a picture of the radio and we'll be better able to suss it for you.

When I get the car back I will, but for the minute I am unable to.

The U shaped ones are for much earlier radios.

The key type may be necessary but hold off buying until we can say for sure you need them.

No keys needed.

Just remove the trim and the radio is held in with four screws (usually torx type).

Use a blade screwdriver with tape on the end to protect the plastic (or a bojo tool, much better) and start at the bottom edges to pop the clips holding the trim in place.

Work up to the top and pull free.

Take care around the hazard light button as the plastic is thinner there.

Hi what radio is this i my radio doesnt have sd card slot

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Ford OC mobile app

my radio the same, held in with 4 phillips screws, i just gently prized the facia off with a few flat headed screw drivers wrapped in rag so nothing got scored..... are you going to the high imput on your amp?

I think it's a Blaupunkt FX Travelpilot. From what I can gather. The post 2008 models came with an SD slot to store Map data on

• Like 1

saves carrying disk around...... even though the satnav is totally useless on these...

Ok thank you mate

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Ford OC mobile app

my radio the same, held in with 4 phillips screws, i just gently prized the facia off with a few flat headed screw drivers wrapped in rag so nothing got scored..... are you going to the high imput on your amp?

The amp has both Hi and Low inputs. What sort of connections are on the back of the HU?

none lol only did mine sunday...... the main gromet in on the bulkhead junst a tad lower than the battery. i ran my 8 gauge thro, took out my glove box, and dropped the fuse box as i wasnt sure where it would thred thro.

as you look where your glove box was on the bulk head there is 2 entry places in the firewall, the 1 on the right next to the back of the centre console is where your wire comes through. i then threaded mine aback of the dash and down the drivers side into the boot. my earth in the boot was bolted down by a 6mm tex screw onto my rear seat frame.....

none lol    only did mine sunday......

Great. Did you just splice into your rear Speakers then?

Any tips for best places to run the wires? Or do the sills come up easily enough

yes i spliced into the rear right i think, then i could use this as a fader for the sub, as you cannot contol the bass etc from the h/u.... didnt take up any trim (even though thay are pull/push clipped on) just slid it under with my fingers.....

• Like 1

yes i spliced into the rear right i think, then i could use this as a fader for the sub, as you cannot contol the bass etc from the h/u.... didnt take up any trim (even though thay are pull/push clipped on)  just slid it under with my fingers.....

Cheers mate. I'll give it a go when I get her back. Maybe I'll manage more than 13 miles in her before she gets smashed up this time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

13 miles? you must love her lol

Yeah. See the other thread I started about a month or so ago

Gary,

the sill trims come off easily enough so run the wires down the sides. the power cable once pushed through the grommet can be seen and so just pull it though, no need to remove the glovebox/fusebox. as for the missus not liking the bass you can use an on/off switch to the remote wire to cut out the amp coming on when she is driving.

if there is no rca outs on the hu then buy a rca convertor from Halfords and splice into the rear Speakers - this is what I did previously.

• Like 1

Cheers. I have the RCA adaptor from my old car and put a switch onto the REM wire so was going to do the same thing.

Just wondered where the best location for earthing and positioning the switch was.

Cheers

Some guys have used the seat belt anchor but I just drilled a new hole and sanded away the paint as I couldn't undo the nut on the seat belt anchor.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club