Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just reserved 1.25 82 style 3 door.

GiantHaystax

After 4 years of running an old banger Nissan Micra I've finally decided to get something decent. Today I put a small reserve deposit down on a in stock (not a pre reg) 1.25 82 3 door style. It might not be the zetec or have any extra packs most people on here seem to go for, but for me this is a big upgrade to what I'm used to.

The price I got was £8500 from a local dealer. All the others I went to around the area wouldn't come close to it and I can't find a price online for that cheap either on deal drivers or online purchase sites such as buyacar.com. It would be nice to have some confirmation from the experts on here though that I'm not paying over the odds? I also hope to be able to trade in my worthless old banger for a 2k discount if the scrappage thing is announced in the budget on Wednesday. Effectively making the price £6500 which personally I think looks like a bargain considering the 11k list price.

After 4 years of running an old banger Nissan Micra I've finally decided to get something decent. Today I put a small reserve deposit down on a in stock (not a pre reg) 1.25 82 3 door style. It might not be the zetec or have any extra packs most people on here seem to go for, but for me this is a big upgrade to what I'm used to.

The price I got was £8500 from a local dealer. All the others I went to around the area wouldn't come close to it and I can't find a price online for that cheap either on deal drivers or online purchase sites such as buyacar.com. It would be nice to have some confirmation from the experts on here though that I'm not paying over the odds? I also hope to be able to trade in my worthless old banger for a 2k discount if the scrappage thing is announced in the budget on Wednesday. Effectively making the price £6500 which personally I think looks like a bargain considering the 11k list price.

You are definitely getting a good price there! I am also hoping the budget includes a scrappage scheme as I would probably be eligable for it, did you discuss the scrappage allowance with the dealer, if so how are they approaching it?

The style has quite a few more bits than the studio, heated mirrors and windscreen, extra Speakers, aircon etc, not bad at all. Plus its the 82ps engine not that 60ps one, i'm sure you will be very happy with it indeed! Also you're not going to have to wait a couple of months for them to build it, and thats a bonus!

Keep us posted on the scrappage if this is confirmed on Wednesday...

Jon

Good to year you think the price is good. I thought it was myself but everyone is telling me otherwise and to go 2nd hand instead as you can never get a good deal buying brand new. Thing is I want the new fiesta though, it's the only car I really like in my price range so I'm going for it

The scrappage thing I made it clear I'm not proceeding officially until after Wednesday as the free £2000 is one of my main motivations to go for it. If nothing gets announced I'll still go for it as my mind is made up now but I'm not going to turn down £2000 if it's there to be taken. I discussed what we could do if the scheme gets announced but not implemented for a month or two. We agreed that if that was the case I could put a more substantial deposit down to keep it and it can just be kept out back unregistered then proceed once I can scrap it for the 2k discount. They are hoping there will be some kind of retrospective thing gets put in place though to fill the time gap so they can sort it out without waiting. It's the final one they have before they have to go for new factory stock and up to the new prices that came in recently so they claim, so want to keep a reserve on the last lower price one they have.

Thanks for the reply. I've not ever scrapped a vehicle before, but i think that when you do the DVLA send you a letter confirming that you are no longer responsible for the vehicle, so hopefully (if the scheme goes ahead) It will just be a simple case of popping a £2K voucher in with that. Roll on Wednesday!

Information on scrappage:

http://www.smmt.co.uk/articles/article.cfm?articleid=19361

there is also a link to the No.10 petition there, not that Labour ever listen to the people... <_<

What colour are you going for? bet your very excited? you will love the new fiesta x

Colour is red Michelle. I'm really looking forward to getting it. First car I will be buying that I want to buy rather than just the cheapest thing I can find that isn't falling to bits. Went into the dealership today but they only have 1 person who deals with new cars and they had the day off. They are going to call me tomorrow about it. Fords website says its valid on any new car purchased after May the 18th so I will be making sure that I just have a reservation deposit down for time enough to cover up to then rather than actually proceeding with the purchase as such. If they don't want to go along with that then I'll just pull out of the sale and buy after May 18th from elsewhere so it will be their loss.

From Ford's website:

"

In the Budget on Wednesday 22 April, Chancellor Alistair Darling announced the introduction of a Government Scrappage Scheme, a £2,000 allowance on vehicles aged 10 years or over. On top of the Government Scrappage Scheme, Ford are combining this with further great savings on selected Ford vehicles. Some of these have already been loaded to the site but there are more to come so come back shortly to see the full listings.

Although the exact details and the implementation of the scheme are still being developed below is a summary of the scheme details so far. We will update this when more information becomes available:

The Scheme:

* In exchange for scrapping your old vehicle and buying a new one the Government and Ford will contribute a total of £2,000 towards the purchase of a new vehicle

* The scheme will run from mid May 2009

* The scheme will be available to the first 300,000 eligible claimants or until 31 March 2010, whichever is sooner

* Further promotions are available on selected Ford models in conjunction with the £2,000 Ford/Government funding

* Participating Ford Dealers will take care of everything for you, including claiming the incentive on your behalf and arranging scrapping of the vehicle

The vehicle you are trading in must:

* Be a car or small van weighing up to 3,500 kilograms (kg)

* Be first registered in the United Kingdom (UK) on or before 31 July 1999

* Either be registered or have a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in your name

* Have been registered to you continuously for 12 calendar months before the order date of the new vehicle

* Have a UK address on the registration certificate (V5C)

* Have a current MOT test certificate before date of order for the new vehicle

The new vehicle you want to buy must be:

* A car or small van weighing up to 3,500 kg

* First registered in the UK on or after mid May 2009

* Declared new at first registration in the UK with no former keepers

In order to benefit from the cash incentive, all you need to do is take your eligible vehicle to your participating Ford Dealer and select the vehicle you would like to purchase. Your participating Ford Dealer will take care of everything for you. It couldn’t be easier. This includes a full Scrappage service.

The combined saving of £5,000 will apply when purchasing a Ford Galaxy Edge on the Scrappage Scheme, contracted through a participating Ford authorised dealer between mid May and 30th June 2009 and registered between mid May and 30th September 2009. Promotions will also be available on other selected vehicles across the range so please return to the site shortly to view the fantastic savings available.

"

Good afternoon and welcome Giant,

I think you've got a good price there--maybe it was one they bought in before the price rise?

No matter, it's your gain--bet you can't wait.

Don't forget the compulsory piccies etc when you get it! :)

Colour is red Michelle. I'm really looking forward to getting it. First car I will be buying that I want to buy rather than just the cheapest thing I can find that isn't falling to bits. Went into the dealership today but they only have 1 person who deals with new cars and they had the day off. They are going to call me tomorrow about it. Fords website says its valid on any new car purchased after May the 18th so I will be making sure that I just have a reservation deposit down for time enough to cover up to then rather than actually proceeding with the purchase as such. If they don't want to go along with that then I'll just pull out of the sale and buy after May 18th from elsewhere so it will be their loss.

From Ford's website:

"

In the Budget on Wednesday 22 April, Chancellor Alistair Darling announced the introduction of a Government Scrappage Scheme, a £2,000 allowance on vehicles aged 10 years or over. On top of the Government Scrappage Scheme, Ford are combining this with further great savings on selected Ford vehicles. Some of these have already been loaded to the site but there are more to come so come back shortly to see the full listings.

Although the exact details and the implementation of the scheme are still being developed below is a summary of the scheme details so far. We will update this when more information becomes available:

The Scheme:

* In exchange for scrapping your old vehicle and buying a new one the Government and Ford will contribute a total of £2,000 towards the purchase of a new vehicle

* The scheme will run from mid May 2009

* The scheme will be available to the first 300,000 eligible claimants or until 31 March 2010, whichever is sooner

* Further promotions are available on selected Ford models in conjunction with the £2,000 Ford/Government funding

* Participating Ford Dealers will take care of everything for you, including claiming the incentive on your behalf and arranging scrapping of the vehicle

The vehicle you are trading in must:

* Be a car or small van weighing up to 3,500 kilograms (kg)

* Be first registered in the United Kingdom (UK) on or before 31 July 1999

* Either be registered or have a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in your name

* Have been registered to you continuously for 12 calendar months before the order date of the new vehicle

* Have a UK address on the registration certificate (V5C)

* Have a current MOT test certificate before date of order for the new vehicle

The new vehicle you want to buy must be:

* A car or small van weighing up to 3,500 kg

* First registered in the UK on or after mid May 2009

* Declared new at first registration in the UK with no former keepers

In order to benefit from the cash incentive, all you need to do is take your eligible vehicle to your participating Ford Dealer and select the vehicle you would like to purchase. Your participating Ford Dealer will take care of everything for you. It couldn’t be easier. This includes a full Scrappage service.

The combined saving of £5,000 will apply when purchasing a Ford Galaxy Edge on the Scrappage Scheme, contracted through a participating Ford authorised dealer between mid May and 30th June 2009 and registered between mid May and 30th September 2009. Promotions will also be available on other selected vehicles across the range so please return to the site shortly to view the fantastic savings available.

"

Hi Stax,

I checked this out soon after the budget announcement. Not entirely sure i meet all of the requirements unfortunately, but I might just scrape it so im going to give it a go anyway... Although I may give it a week or two for the dealership to work out how it all works lol. Here's hoping!

I hope it goes ok for you...

• 1 month later...

Traded in/scrapped my Micra today and picked up my new Fiesta with 6 miles on the clock. Dealer said it had gone mad since the start of the scrappage scheme and they are selling loads more of everything than they normally would. I don't think it will be long before they hit the 300k cars that will be elligble for it. Looks like I timed it perfectly going to reserve the week before the budget announcement as the same car is now thousands more due to the new list price!

It's so easy to drive. Compared to the tank style handling of the my old Micra this is a million times better. I do have a habit of using the main radio controls though even though there on the wheel as keep forgetting about them. Have been playing around with all the settings for everything in the menus on the display.

I havn't noticed any of the issues mentioned on here about the reverse gear or the indicators not auto switching off. Do they develop over time or is it just something that's there right from the start or it's fine?

I'm also quite surprised by how nippy the 1.25 82 engine seems to be, but then I am comparing it to the old 1.0 54hp micra. I doubt it would suit people moving down from a bigger car but as it's a move up for me it's great.

Traded in/scrapped my Micra today and picked up my new Fiesta

pictures ! i have never seen a MK7 in red

I have the same as you except in vision, had it since march and i am still loving it...like you said it may not be a zetec or titanium like everyone else but hey you get what you can afford ;)

I was pleasantly surprised on the test drive before i committed to the order as to how nippy it is compared to the corsa i was changing from, granted it's not a hot hatch but good enough for me. I was a bit gutted though after a month as it had to go in for some repairs as i had to swerve to miss some git who ran out into the road in front of me and ended up going through a hedge :( I put some alloy's on though that i had to cheer me up though once i got it back ;)

Not the best piccie in the world from my moby..

DSC0038.jpg

DSC0038.jpg

Much prefer the darker front lights on the lower-spec models

edit: Just realised you are from stafford as well!

Hey Studly. Bad luck with the repairs. I like the look of the colour on the pic. I didn't really get a choice, was the 1 stock model they had so if I wanted specific stuff then it would have cost a fair bit more as wouldn't have got as good a deal on it.

Will get some pics taken and upload them at some point. Don't want to be seen to be making a fuss in view of the street if you get me.

I'm worried about something happening to mine like that too. The dealer is on a blind corner and you just have to pull out and hope noone is coming round the corner too quick. I had visions of getting it smashed into litterally seconds after driving away with it. Luckily the road was empty.

I'm guessing their are no warrenty issues with replacing the tyres with alloys when there not part of the standard style spec?

According to the bloke i spoke too at the dealer they said there wouldn't be any problems, in any case i've still got the steelies so can whip them back on if i need to lol.

As for the repairs it needed a new bonnet, bumper and drivers wing, hit a stump on the way through the hedge. All cos some gitbag decided to be an &#33;Removed&#33; and not look before running into the road :angry:

Just thought i'd add a piccie of the kick plates i fitted this morning ;)....a bit sunny so couldn't really get a good piccie with my phone lol

DSC00399.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club